The Student Room Group

Why IB sector is it easiest to make MD?

I understand obviously that is very hard no matter what sector but as a rule of thumb which front office sector is easier.
lol
Reply 2
lol indeed.
Reply 3
Dont hate the player hate the game. Pls need an answer.
Reply 4
You wont last a week in the City.

hint: don't get into ANY ib sector because it's "easier to get MD", in fact, you probably shouldn't consider IB at all.
It's a valid question. But, agree with above also, it isn't easy in any division to make it to MD, not even relatively speaking. The one thing you will need though is serious passion and you won't have that if you pick a division just because you think it'll be easier to become an MD. Also, things change - who knows by the time you're a VP, it might be easier in another division etc.

Don't base your decision on this. Fair enough if you're curious but it's not easy at all anywhere or in anything. The key is determination, drive, persistence and passion - that is what they all say.

And you don't get that by picking a division on the likelihood of making it to MD - do something you enjoy or actually find interesting learning about.

Anecdotal stat: an MD I spoke with told me only 1 in 200 of the Analyst class will last more than eight years at the same bank.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
It's hard enough making it to MD in the back office to be honest.
Reply 7
Original post by Thums
You wont last a week in the City.

hint: don't get into ANY ib sector because it's "easier to get MD", in fact, you probably shouldn't consider IB at all.

Please we will see about that.....
Reply 8
Original post by Dominic101
Please we will see about that.....

:rolleyes:
Reply 9
Original post by Unsworth
:rolleyes:

inb4 forbes 30 under 30
Reply 10
Don't take it too personally - however misplaced your question was, it has been kindly answered. Time to move on
:flybye:
Reply 11
Original post by Dominic101
inb4 forbes 30 under 30

Do you misc brah?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending