The Student Room Group

Expulsion

I haven't necessarily been expelled yet but I may be and I would like to know how much being expelled for stealing (very stupid mistake) could have an effect on my university application. I'm in Year 10 and around halfway through my GCSEs. I still think I can achieve good GCSE and A-Level results yet I don't want it to all be in vain and would like to know if I still have a shot for getting in to decent London universities such as LSE.
Reply 1
It depends what did you steal and how did it happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by McRite
It depends what did you steal and how did it happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was money from the changing rooms in a moment of weakness - is that too bad or will it potentially fade over the years?
Reply 3
Original post by z4chary_
It was money from the changing rooms in a moment of weakness - is that too bad or will it potentially fade over the years?

Mmmmmm.... I don't know I think If your school found it serious enough to expel you I think it would be harder to find a new school to continue GCSE however depending on your previous incidences and behaviour I you can find a school. Are you usually decent in behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by McRite
Mmmmmm.... I don't know I think If your school found it serious enough to expel you I think it would be harder to find a new school to continue GCSE however depending on your previous incidences and behaviour I you can find a school. Are you usually decent in behaviour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah one of my teachers said that there was nothing on my record but a haircut that was too short once
Reply 5
Yeah one of my teachers said that there was nothing on my record but a haircut that was too short once

Haircut too short? They put that down of your record? You will be fine there is some pretty terrible stuff on my academic record and I still got into a good uni.
Reply 6
Original post by DiddyDec
Haircut too short? They put that down of your record? You will be fine there is some pretty terrible stuff on my academic record and I still got into a good uni.

Yeah my school has this stupid rule that if your hair is too short then you get sent home until it's grown back to a 'suitable level', and ah that's good - what uni you going to?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
I was kicked out of sixth form 2 years ago this week for being a lazyb**tard !

Just got an offer from Bristol University to do law last night.Honestly, it doesn't matter. Just make sure you get your act together. I knowBristol isn't LSE, but for LSE it all comes down to an exceptional gradeportfolio and perhaps good work experience. This blip shouldn't really standout come reference time. .
Worst case scenario you can join a different college for A-Levels, where the person who sends off your UCAS form doesn't know about your antics all the way back in year 10.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Yeah Whitgift has this stupid rule that if your hair is too short then you get sent home until it's grown back to a 'suitable level', and ah that's good - what uni you going to?

Harper Adams. One of the least known about universities, but one of only two that do my course.
Yeah my school has this stupid rule that if your hair is too short then you get sent home until it's grown back to a 'suitable level', and ah that's good - what uni you going to?

What if your hair is naturally short?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Harper Adams. One of the least known about universities, but one of only two that do my course.

what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Olympiad
what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rural Property Management (Bsc Hons). But I want to move up on to Rural Enterprise and Land Management next year.
Rural Property Management (Bsc Hons). But I want to move up on to Rural Enterprise and Land Management next year.

woop, good luck!

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Olympiad
What if your hair is naturally short?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly
Exactly

LOOOOOOOOL.
Your school is stupid.

Sorry, but it's true.

Posted from TSR Mobile