The Student Room Group

Life in Halls of Residence isn't always a good experience

Did you or anyone you know play a prank on someone in Halls of residence and it went badly wrong?

I had one played on me and it was proved malicious AFTER being thrown out of halls.
Original post by Titan9901
Did you or anyone you know play a prank on someone in Halls of residence and it went badly wrong?

I had one played on me and it was proved malicious AFTER being thrown out of halls.

Hi there ,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience in Halls . Unfortunately a big part of your experience is dependent on the people you share a flat with but a certain amount of respect and decorum is expected from everyone. It's clear that you did not deserve the respect that is due to you and in some cases this does happen , people do play pranks and some are not okay.
I strongly advise you to talk to someone at your university regarding the issue especially if you have had to remain in that halls. Your university should have a team in place for such issues because you are probably not the first to have gone through this. I hope that you are okay and if by any chance you are a student at DMU please leave a message and I can signpost you to a team that can help.
I hope you're doing okay and that this helps even just a little. 💛
Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there ,
I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience in Halls . Unfortunately a big part of your experience is dependent on the people you share a flat with but a certain amount of respect and decorum is expected from everyone. It's clear that you did not deserve the respect that is due to you and in some cases this does happen , people do play pranks and some are not okay.
I strongly advise you to talk to someone at your university regarding the issue especially if you have had to remain in that halls. Your university should have a team in place for such issues because you are probably not the first to have gone through this. I hope that you are okay and if by any chance you are a student at DMU please to leave a message and I can signpost you to a team that can help.
I hope you're doing okay and that this helps even just a little. 💛
Cece
Energy Engineering student
De Montfort University

This happened to me in 1999 just before I transferred from a computer science degree to a business studies course. It had a really bad effect, I had an overdose, because the person involved really wanted to cause a lot of bad feeling.

There was a satisfactory ending to all of it but it took a while to get sorted out. I think what was really bad was the way the Executive Housing Officer at the University dealt with the entire issue, he was a complete idiot- it was was a dreadful time.

Thank you for the empathy. I think that universities should fast track expulsion of students, if they are proven to be malicious.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending