The Student Room Group

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

Of course none of us want to be afflicted with blindness or deafness but if you had to choose?

Scroll to see replies

deaf !!! cause blind people need help so much and i hate to be depended on people,,,,
Reply 3
deaf
Reply 4
Deaf
deaf :smile:

although I wouldnt be able to hear music.. hmm...
Reply 6
Original post by Reform
Of course none of us want to be afflicted with blindness or deafness but if you had to choose?

That's a really difficult question. What makes you ask?
It's an absolutely awful decision. My initial thoughts are that it would be better to be deaf, because at least you would be able to navigate the world to some extent without help. Also, I think hearing-restoration operations are closer than sight restoration.
Reply 8
Obviously deaf.
Hmm, deaf I think. Would ruin music though :frown:
I'm already blind, so blind.
Yeah, I don't think anyone would choose blind :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by Vixen47

Really!!! That horrible
Reply 13
Original post by r32
That's a really difficult question. What makes you ask?

I was thinking about which sense I'd prefer to lose (I had the same discussion a few days back) so I thought i'd share it with the rest of TSR.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
neither
Original post by Vixen47
I woulnt mind having a blind GF on the otherhand !!!!
Original post by Dabossi89
Really!!! That horrible

Welcome to my glasses.
hQ1aYuR.jpg

"Distressed at birth" was what my optician told me I was -- I've basically needed glasses since I was born but got them when I was 5. I've been wearing contacts since last week but I feel like I'm more blind in those than I am when I'm wearing my binoculars (my disgusting glasses)! :eek:
That's a really difficult question, but I'd have to go for deaf despite my love of music I think, I'd be less dependent on other people and they can do more towards restoring it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vixen47
why do u have the number 47 in ur name,? that makes u look 47 years old .. !
Reply 19
I'd be able to do a hell of a lot more with my life if I were deaf rather than blind, but then I absolutely love listening to music, can't imagine life without it... :/

Tough question.

Quick Reply

Latest