The Student Room Group

Is Care Home work exp mandatory for medicine?

I have done volunteering in a Blind School (helping with English & IT)

I have done volunteering for the last year in a disability college (with severe medical conditions) - assisting with music & basic functional skills.

Must I do care home work exp, because most other medicine applicants are.
Original post by Avor

I have done volunteering for the last year in a disability college (with severe medical conditions) - assisting with music & basic functional skills.

No but you need work experience as well!
Reply 2
Original post by DoctorInTraining
No but you need work experience as well!

I have hospital work experience
Original post by Avor
I have hospital work experience

How much? And any other work experience? Like GP, pharmacy, physio?
Original post by Avor

Rather than look at it as a "must" you should realise it certainly won't hurt your application if you do. You will have to work with a variety of people, including the elderly, so it's probably going to be good experience.

Try to get other experience such as hospitals/GPs etc.
Reply 5
Original post by SilverstarDJ
Rather than look at it as a "must" you should realise it certainly won't hurt your application if you do. You will have to work with a variety of people, including the elderly, so it's probably going to be good experience.

Try to get other experience such as hospitals/GPs etc.

No but I have volunteering in the disability college & blind school; I am wondering if medicine applicants needs to have specifically care home work exp, i.e. would it hinder my chances if I don't?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending