The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
So, Kinnear has admitted he is "not confident" of keeping Owen. Do you guys feel he should sign a new contract, or leave in January or in the summer? Make this as neutral as possible lol
Reply 1981
Lol did anyone see that replay.

Owen said: "What a fukin finish" :p:
Reply 1982
V1NY
So, Kinnear has admitted he is "not confident" of keeping Owen. Do you guys feel he should sign a new contract, or leave in January or in the summer? Make this as neutral as possible lol
I feel he should sign a new contract because he's one of the best strikers in the league and guarantees goals. However, there's nothing I can do about it. I don't understand why people would rather the club has £5 million extra that won't be well used or however much the figure might be, to one of England's best ever goalscorers.
Reply 1983
owen is a natural finisher, however his injuries dont guarantee this constant supply. good win for you lads today too.
Reply 1984
mfc20
owen is a natural finisher, however his injuries dont guarantee this constant supply. good win for you lads today too.
Not constant, but he will guarantee goals. He did get injured this year but if I'm not mistaken he played every minute for us last season since the turn of 2008. Good result for you guys also.
Reply 1985
MrPhil
Not constant, but he will guarantee goals. He did get injured this year but if I'm not mistaken he played every minute for us last season since the turn of 2008. Good result for you guys also.

yeah sorry thats what i meant. and ah right didnt know that, thought he was injured for longer. cheers, as if your only a point below us now, considering our respectively great and horrendous starts to the season.
Why did you bastards have to win?:frown:

Means we are closer to relegation.
PremierPotters

I wouldn't have thought we should be your main concern in terms of relegation rivals this season...
Reply 1988
PremierPotters

hahaha mate, your team will probably get relegated whilst we most likely will survive. We have more depth than you in our squad, and whilst you are probably playing at your best, we've only just started, with all this keegan rubbish and what not. Just imagine those games where Chris hughton wasnt in charge and kinnear was there. I imagine different results... very different ones
V1NY
hahaha mate, your team will probably get relegated whilst we most likely will survive. We have more depth than you in our squad, and whilst you are probably playing at your best, we've only just started, with all this keegan rubbish and what not. Just imagine those games where Chris hughton wasnt in charge and kinnear was there. I imagine different results... very different ones

Yes true about depth and quality, but in terms of effort and passions we are up there(which makes up for some of the lack of quality) I think it'll be close between the current bottom 3, us, and a couple of others, but we have a fair chance of doing it.
Reply 1990
Fantastic victory for us yesterday it must be said, though it's kind of sad also that Portsmouth are sitting in 8th and have done well the past couple of seasons also, when they really aren't anything special. The bottom-half is tight because we're all so crap. In fact the standard of the league this year has been crap. Liverpool are top when they really haven't been great, Chelsea can't seem to win at home and Arsenal are just weird. Also, if we hadn't conceded late goals at home to Man City, Wigan and Stoke and every other result remained the same (unlikely I know) we'd be 7th. As it stands we're 14th and 1 point off the relegation zone... but hopefully yesterday's win will give the players a much needed boost.
Reply 1991
IMO Portsmouth could get into trouble. Their owner's had enough, and a few players look to be off in Jan. Add to that an inexperienced manager..... As for Stoke, their home form should see them finish 16th or around there. If you lads manage to get some stability then you should finish comfartably in mid table with us and the Mackems unfortunately :wink:
mfc20
IMO Portsmouth could get into trouble. Their owner's had enough, and a few players look to be off in Jan. Add to that an inexperienced manager..... As for Stoke, their home form should see them finish 16th or around there. If you lads manage to get some stability then you should finish comfartably in mid table with us and the Mackems unfortunately :wink:
As good as it gets eh? Mid-table mediocrity.
Reply 1993
RobbieC
As good as it gets eh? Mid-table mediocrity.

Oh he's back, fantastic. In fact no i think you're wrong, i said i would be expecting mid table, but i fully believe if we stay injury free we can get top half this season. Southgate's got 5 years, in two years i hope Europe is where we end up. as for this as good as it gets crap, did you watch the 06-07 season, 2nd year in Europe and a European final. We are no Arsenal but i think mid-table mediocrity is a bit daft to say.
I am still enraged by your anti-football 'display' at the weekend, excuse me.
Reply 1995
anti-football: is that some sort of joke? or was it a serious term? Tbh mate i couldn't care less, id rather play rough and in your faces and get a point than try to pass round you and lose.
mfc20

It's not the fact the Owner 'has had enough', it's the fact is that he is going down the ****er, and losing alot of money in this credit crunch thing.

Don't believe the crap you read in the papers. They blow **** out of proportion.

Like they do with every single team.
Reply 1997
.Andrew.
It's not the fact the Owner 'has had enough', it's the fact is that he is going down the ****er, and losing alot of money in this credit crunch thing.

Don't believe the crap you read in the papers. They blow **** out of proportion.

Like they do with every single team.

Fair does, fair does. Anyway, whats your expectations for Pompey for the rest of the season?
mfc20
Fair does, fair does. Anyway, whats your expectations for Pompey for the rest of the season?

At least a top 8 finish, maybe even push for a Euro Spot. But if we play like we did on sunday (and continue to), then probably bottom half, 12th or something like that.
mfc20
anti-football: is that some sort of joke? or was it a serious term? Tbh mate i couldn't care less, id rather play rough and in your faces and get a point than try to pass round you and lose.

Ignor ethe annoying ****, he was exactly the same, even worse when we beat the "mighty" Arsenal.

I for one really hope that a genuine club like Villa takes their place in the "big 4"

Words cannot express how much people like this annoy me.

Latest