The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
14 modric
your just saying that because he is a toon legend. For all we know he might be embarresment when it comes to managing a football team.

Managing and playing are 2 completly different things. :wink:

I am better than JK. :yep:
I am better than JK. :yep:

yeah I'm sure you are. :rolleyes:

Typical stupid comment tbh.

Looks like alan "no managerial experience whatsoever" is messian 2.....

surely ashley didnt manage to destroy one already... when has ashley made a CORRECT footballing decision. :confused:
"Andhe will pocket a massive bonus approaching seven figures if he succeeds. "

from the sun.

The irony of gooners taking the piss out of harry for taking a bonus and yet shearer does the same thing and he's only managing for 8 games.:confused:

I suppose alan no experience shearer got nothing to lose.

Be funny if geordie legends got relegation season whilst newcastkle manager in 1 season :woo:
Reply 3983
14 modric
yeah I'm sure you are. :rolleyes:

Typical stupid comment tbh.

Looks like alan "no managerial experience whatsoever" is messian 2.....

surely ashley didnt manage to destroy one already... when has ashley made a CORRECT footballing decision. :confused:

I was being sarcastic. Gawd. :p:

Shearer will lift the team and the fans. I also feel Shearer will have more tactical nous than JK.
14 modric

from the sun.

The irony of gooners taking the piss out of harry for taking a bonus and yet shearer does the same thing and he's only managing for 8 games.:confused:

Be funny if geordie legends got relegation season whilst newcastkle manager in 1 season :woo:

Considering the financial loss if the team goes down I think any manager who can save us deserves a bonus. It is a desperate move but could be a good one.

I thought it was an early April fools joke when my friend text me around 12:30am asking what I think of Shearer. I told him he was a great player and asked why. Then he told me and I had to check BBC.

I'm not convinced he can save us, or anyone. But he will give morale and confidence to the players which will be vital for the games against Stoke, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth.
14 modric

from the sun.

Funny if we got relegated under Shearer? Hilarious, except for the fact that he has been given a hell of a task and it wouldn't be surprising if we still went down given the run-in we have.

What does Arsenal fans, and indeed Spurs have to do with anything. Go to another thread because we don't care about Spurs in this thread.

Shearer has no experience as a manager, but he has leadership capabilities, a will to win, all the necessary qualifications and has been managed under very successful managers, such as Dalgliesh and Robson. This is something that Joe Kinnear does not have. He also can't inspire confidence just through namesake, and nobody, nobody, cares more about the club than Shearer.

You can go on about no experience all you want, but as we see it here, we were likely going down without a fight, whereas this move could be the wildcard to save our season.

But I anticipated the typical troll post from Mr. Anti-Newcastle himself.
14 modric

from the sun.

I only take the piss out of Harry, because he's an embarrassment to football. And some of your number, who need not be named and shamed dare to criticise Arsene Wenger and other proper football managers in the same breath as defending him. Absolutely woeful.

And this here is more Spurs rubbish. It's you lot who without your money tree, would've been in this ****. Hindsight is obviously 20:20 in this case though... huge overachievers that you now are.
I don't think anyone has ruled out him taking a player/manager role at the moment?
WE are staying up say we are staying up! We'll win every game from now on :smile:
OMG it was all a hoax!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7975700.stm

I can't believes it!!!1
Reply 3990
Sheyyroh
It is april fools, but I cant find out how you think its a joke klins?
Yeah. I'm fooling. Had to get it in before noon tbh :awesome:
BBC
Shearer, 38 an ex-Magpies striker, 38, has often been linked with a return to St James' Park but the 38 year old has been critical of the club's management structure.

I wonder how old Shearer is :confused:
El Stevo
I wonder how old Shearer is :confused:

It doesn't have the third 38 on the BBC Sport website now...
bowdeni
I don't think anyone has ruled out him taking a player/manager role at the moment?

Shearer, Owen and Martins :coma:

Newcastle has been such a brilliant city to be in today, even if it's all short lived, the buzz around here is absolutely INCREDIBLE. Iain Dowie as coaching staff, I approve :yep:

If Shearer can't get Owen playing well and scoring, then nobody can. Guys like Bassong, Barton and Martins, who all have their heart on the club will thrive. We're still in a very very dangerous position, but this is the most optimism we've had in a long time.

We should get Bobby Robson in to do the team talks :woo: And Keegan can come back to manage us when we're winning. :cool:
Guys, I don't care where we are in the table, how shockingly we're managed, or how **** our team is. I wouldn't trade this club for anything in the world.

Never a ******* dull moment! I ******* love it!
Well said!
Reply 3998
Ascient
It doesn't have the third 38 on the BBC Sport website now...
Which is a bit odd because they should really be removing the first two...

I'm getting all excited now. This is in no way guarantees Premiership survival but I'm sure Alan Shearer can motivate the players to play well, and like I said early, knows a thing or two about tactics. I doubt it's an April fool because it's been a very successful one. I was a bit sceptical because he didn't want to work under Ashley, but maybe he just loves the club so much he'd do anything to stop them from being relegated even if it means working undr Ashley.
Dennis Wise's contract terminated with immediate effect.

This is the best day ever.

Latest