The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Manning
Erm yeah i would have liked to keep moore, at least as a squad player anyway. Hope others follow suit, e.g carr,Babayaro etc.
If anyone wants the likes of owen (13 games in 2 seasons, we wouldt miss him for gods sake), parker( hows is he captain), emre( never looked commited) then their welcome to them.

Top of the shoping list is defenders who can actually defend. We could do a lot worse than Ben Haim and Silvestre. What about barton? Is he worth the trouble that he brings?
I really hope we'll snap up robbie fowler.

I was surprised by the release of Onyewu as well, he was probably the best after Taylor so... sam better be bringing in some good stuff! Like: Wayne Bridge! Ben Haim would be ace, Robbie Fowler is passed it I woudl prefer Viduka, Sol Cambell would be good, Barton would be good if Sam allardyce can put him in his place like he did with Diouf...
Reply 581
Robbies free though and we all know sams past record with players deemed past it
Reply 582
Manning
Robbies free though and we all know sams past record with players deemed past it

I'd take him for that reason. Keep money for buying a defence (normally I'd say upgrade, but there's no longer on there to upgrade...) A strike force of Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Fowler and Dyre would be decent enough for me.

Given and Harper in net will be fine. Nothing to really change there, maybe get an older guy to hang about in training for when someone goes down (or maybe just call up Krul?).

Who we got left on defence? Carr, Ramage, Taylor, Edgar, Huntington, Babayaro. Out of them I'd only want Taylor on the pitch each game...

Our current midfield is: Solano, Emre, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Parker, Butt and Pattison. If people want Emre, Parker and Butt gone then we'll need to get more guys in from some where too...

Oh, and some fellow named Luque should be noted, he's as good as gone too...
Kimi3013
I'd take him for that reason. Keep money for buying a defence (normally I'd say upgrade, but there's no longer on there to upgrade...) A strike force of Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Fowler and Dyre would be decent enough for me.

Given and Harper in net will be fine. Nothing to really change there, maybe get an older guy to hang about in training for when someone goes down (or maybe just call up Krul?).

Who we got left on defence? Carr, Ramage, Taylor, Edgar, Huntington, Babayaro. Out of them I'd only want Taylor on the pitch each game...

Our current midfield is: Solano, Emre, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Parker, Butt and Pattison. If people want Emre, Parker and Butt gone then we'll need to get more guys in from some where too...

Oh, and some fellow named Luque should be noted, he's as good as gone too...

I agree with everything that uv said apart from getting rid of Nicky Butt. He has had a good season and its obvious he actually cares about the club, which cant be said for many of the rest. Consistent, solid but more importantly experienced, vital in at times a very young outfield team.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6684573.stm
Billionaire businessman Mike Ashley has launched a £133.1m ($263m) offer for Newcastle United football club.
:eek:
oooooooooh! Not sure exactly what this means though.

'British stock exchange rules mean that the company now has to make a cash offer for the remaining shares, around 29.8% of which belong to chairman Freddy Shepherd.' -Nufc.com

Is this a sign that Freddie may also be on the way? (is on hands and knees begging as she types)! What does everyone think of this development?
There's always specualtion about NUFC... its annoying and just media hype I think... remember belgravia?
Yeah, thats true..it seems that something has actually happened this time. See NUFC.com. Although saying that nothing is actually on the official website. We can always dream.
ourvelocity
Yeah, thats true..it seems that something has actually happened this time. See NUFC.com. Although saying that nothing is actually on the official website. We can always dream.

Skysports as well... looking good actually, he's already bought 41.6%... meaning he can buy out FFS, whcih would be very very good news indeed! I am so looking forward to next season!
Reply 589
I guess hes bought Hall's shares then?
Looking forward to next season loads (especially cause i will be able to see more matches as im going to the Uni) but more for the season after when the whole scientific thing Sam works with will come into play. I hope the investor has some big money to spend. Also, I dont think the guy would have bought 41.6% of the shares had he not had some contact with FFS to discuss buying the rest. Its wierd how there was no sound of this in any of the papers.
Manning
I guess hes bought Hall's shares then?

"St James’ Holdings Limited has aquired the shares of Wynyard (Guernsey) Limited, Cameron Hall Developments Limited and Cameron Hall Developments Limited Executive Pension Scheme, the holdings of Sir John Hall and his family."
ourvelocity
Looking forward to next season loads (especially cause i will be able to see more matches as im going to the Uni) but more for the season after when the whole scientific thing Sam works with will come into play. I hope the investor has some big money to spend. Also, I dont think the guy would have bought 41.6% of the shares had he not had some contact with FFS to discuss buying the rest. Its wierd how there was no sound of this in any of the papers.

Yea, the news pretty much fell out of the sky like. What you studying nxt year? Newcastle uni is kick ass, or are you going to the poly?
Economics at Newcastle uni. I cant wait :biggrin:...i was born in Newcastle lived there til i was 13 then moved down to Nottingham with my Dads work. Hence why i worship NUFC!
Looks like Scott Parker is on his way out of the club, to either Spurs or West Ham..but the question is does anybody care? A profit on a player who did virtually nothing in an albeit injury disrupted season. Any thoughts on this? Whether it will actually go ahead and also who you would like as a replacement?
Are you serious? I mean about not caring wether Parker leaves? Parker will be an unbelievable loss... one of the only players on our ****ing (already depleted) squad that gave a **** whether we lost a game or not. Tbh, I dont understand why we are selling at all... once the takeover is complete we will be loaded... it makes no sense to me what so ever. So I guess yes, i do give a **** if he leaves, because Im worried about who the **** we will be bringing in to replace a player like him... Sorry for the rant btw, but Im really pissed off about this.

First transfers: Viduka in, Parker out... Does that seem reasonable to anyone? We're also being linked with **** face Joey Barton, he can **** right off and stub a cigarette in his own eye as far as Im conscerned. I will boo him at every game if he dares to show up here. Sam better have a valid reason for letting one of our more passionate, more comitted players go, nto to mention one of the better players of the season (of which there were very few indeed)
Wo wo wo.. I was only offering it up as a question. As far as im concerned he's one of the few international class players that we have and it would be a mistake to let anyone like that go! (unless we have a better replacement lined up). If its true that its gona be joey barton then the case would be that there isnt a better player lined up and so no sell. Last season i didnt think that he was at his best, but the season before he was quality and lets face it, not many players did excel themselves last season.

As for joey barton...no full stop. Alright player but team member..you must be kidding me Sam!
Yea I know. I completely agree with you. I just dont understand why Sam would think its so important to get rid of Parker??? He has much more pressing issues on his hands... he shouldnt be raising funds (that seems to be the excuse behind letting Parker go) because soon we will have enough... wether its from Ashley or from FF (who will hafta offer a bit more now that his place on the board is in contention).
The defence is where we should be looking... and once again! BUYING... why the hell are we selling. Looking at our injury crisis over the last 3 seasons the last thing we need is a depleted squad.
I was happy when Sam came in to shake things about... but what he is doing now I'm not best pleased with. there had better be some explanantions...
ourvelocity
Wo wo wo.. I was only offering it up as a question. As far as im concerned he's one of the few international class players that we have and it would be a mistake to let anyone like that go! (unless we have a better replacement lined up). If its true that its gona be joey barton then the case would be that there isnt a better player lined up and so no sell. Last season i didnt think that he was at his best, but the season before he was quality and lets face it, not many players did excel themselves last season.

As for joey barton...no full stop. Alright player but team member..you must be kidding me Sam!

if anyone can get Barton in gear its Sam. Look at Anelka and Diouf.
Chewy!
if anyone can get Barton in gear its Sam. Look at Anelka and Diouf.

Barton stubbed a cigarette out in a man's eye....

he is like diouf and bellamy combined. He is utter scum, and I wouldnt rate him any higher than Parker. Parker had a poor season last season, mainly because they were all poor. Barton is an egocentric prick... didnt he say that he was better than steven gerrard and lampard and that he should be played in the england squad over them? Give me a break joey... better yet, go break ur legs

Latest