The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
|Too bad Newcastle could not sign Modric maybe Henry could be lured....nah! lol
Ph.at
|Too bad Newcastle could not sign Modric maybe Henry could be lured....nah! lol

More chancce of C.Ronaldo joining Oldham Atheltic, playing for free, then Henry going to Newcastle... :p:
Oba Femi Martins!!!!!!!!!
Kanna believe were in at ht drawn level. Lets win it 4-2!
Reply 984
Just got back from the match. Thought we were poor but had some fun down in East London. Those Nobby chants were a laugh.
Reply 985
they brought solano on as a sub because the newcastle fans wer chanting didn't they? haha! Nobby is a legend!!
Reply 986
Vintage
they brought solano on as a sub because the newcastle fans wer chanting didn't they? haha! Nobby is a legend!!
Curbishley brought him on in injury-time and he didn't touch the ball, so a pretty pointless substitute but it was a good laugh cheering him on. Would have been embarassing us cheering him on and then him scoring though.:eek:
i been hearing rumours bout Spurs and Newcastle both interested in David Villa. I reckon he wud be an excellent signin, cos apparently valencia r desperate to sell, to raise funds!
I heard that the other day. Villa would be a cracking signing, although im not too fussed about strikers tbh
I thought Valencia were only desperate to sell when they were at risk at getting of Relegated from La Liga... Which they aren't now...

Not sure how much truth there is in the fact that Newcastle are interested in him...

I'd say more Man City or Chelski... :ninja:
Reply 990
Do we have the money for Villa? :s-smilie:
Maybe if we do a bit of selling? I can see Nzogbia going, and Carr (has he left already?) and a few others maybe? And im sure we'll get a bit of financial support from the board. Gutted the chelsea game is sold out :frown:
Reply 992
*Ridwan*
Do we have the money for Villa? :s-smilie:
Probably. Will Villa want to join us? No, sadly.
With Fat Ashley at the Helm, surely you have enough to purchase the great David Villa?

:p:

Villa i would have thought would come to the PL, just not sure it will be with Newcastle... But who knows, miracles can happen, as this season has proven..
Reply 994
Hopefully. I think we need to concentrate on defence first though!
Reply 995
personally i think rozenhal was quite good :smile:
Rozehnal would probably do quite well in a Keegan team. He's certainly more of a ball playing CB.
Reply 997
Rozenhal? He was shocking! Had an alright start, but it quickly came clear he wasn't up to the EPL because he kept slipping over and looking sloppy, and he's just too skinny and weak in the air. Sometimes plays the ball well, other times just smacks it over the top nowehre.
Reply 998
We need a proven premiership defence leader or two

A quick winger like Ronaldo/Nani who can run fast and score great goals.

And a striker.???? Do we need one????? We got Martins and Viduka and Owen
whats everyones views on todays game?

we havent lost at home to the blues in the league in the last 5 seasons..

ive always predicted a 1-1 draw for this game.. but we need to make sure we dont concede in the first 20minutes... if we keep it tight we could even get a win with bramble(or faye) getting a last minute goal...

Latest