The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Icecream1
Tony Mowbray resigns, Coventry rooted to the bottom of the table without a league win this season.

Such a shame what is happening to a very decent football club, hope SISU sell up soon. Just moved to cov for uni so ventured down for my first game at the ricoh, really enjoyed it.
Tony Mowbray resigns, Coventry rooted to the bottom of the table without a league win this season.

Maybe Marcus 'Misses from 6 yards' Tudgay and co can reflect on their part in facilitating this.
Original post by Hibdog09
Such a shame what is happening to a very decent football club, hope SISU sell up soon. Just moved to cov for uni so ventured down for my first game at the ricoh, really enjoyed it.

Save your money and go to Leicester.
Original post by Midlander
Maybe Marcus 'Misses from 6 yards' Tudgay and co can reflect on their part in facilitating this.

The quality of the team isn't there and he hasn't been offered anything he can work with.

Last season Murphy, Kent and Armstrong were excellent, this season is just a joke.
We should today remember the Glasgow Rangers fan who lost their life in a coach crash on the way to their match yesterday. Regardless of our allegiances.
The quality of the team isn't there and he hasn't been offered anything he can work with.

Last season Murphy, Kent and Armstrong were excellent, this season is just a joke.

Saw Tudgay's miss again on the highlights, he should do himself a favour and retire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Saw Tudgay's miss again on the highlights, he should do himself a favour and retire.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great win yesterday, Vale had a 100% home record this season. Cov actually punished the opposition when they made a mistake.
Great win yesterday, Vale had a 100% home record this season. Cov actually punished the opposition when they made a mistake.

This happens so often after a manager leaves it's unreal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time to boycott the B teams in the Football League Trophy or JPT or its new name again. Awful interview with someone from the EFL I read yesterday.
RDM and Cardiff's Trollope both been axed within the past 36 hours. Not sure on the Nigel Pearson situation but he looks as good as gone. The beginning of October and championship managers are going like hot cakes. It really is a brutish league.
Original post by barnetlad
Time to boycott the B teams in the Football League Trophy or JPT or its new name again. Awful interview with someone from the EFL I read yesterday.

Some very low attendances and Bradford subbing their goalkeeper after 3 minutes, so they can start within the regulations about under 23 players. Stoke playing Charlie Adam in their team. Cambridge United attendance of 693. Lowest Portsmouth post-war attendance, lowest ever at Grimsby.

Farce
(edited 7 years ago)
Barnet ended up with nine men, lost 5-0 to Norwich under 23s. I was not there, only 457 people were. West Ham lost 3-0 to Wycombe.
Original post by The Wavefunction
RDM and Cardiff's Trollope both been axed within the past 36 hours. Not sure on the Nigel Pearson situation but he looks as good as gone. The beginning of October and championship managers are going like hot cakes. It really is a brutish league.

Pearson's situation has nothing to do with results, allegedly he's just had an argument with the chairman.

Some very low attendances and Bradford subbing their goalkeeper after 3 minutes, so they can start within the regulations about under 23 players. Stoke playing Charlie Adam in their team. Cambridge United attendance of 693. Lowest Portsmouth post-war attendance, lowest ever at Grimsby.

Farce

I see Charlie Adam scored tonight. Can't wait for that exciting young academy product to make his England deb- oh wait.

Competition is a complete shambles and I fully support anyone boycotting. Glad we refused to take part.
Leeds' 9+ hour round to trip to Brighton once again moved to a midweek 7:45 fixture.. For the 6th season in a row
Original post by The Wavefunction
Leeds' 9+ hour round to trip to Brighton once again moved to a midweek 7:45 fixture.. For the 6th season in a row

I wonder if this is to upset Cellino?
I wonder if this is to upset Cellino?

Nothing would surprise me, but I don't think it will effect the club too much, just the fans, who he doesn't seem to give a toss about. It's televised home games where he throws his toys out of the pram.
Leaders of League One Scunthorpe held by Northampton allowing Bradford to close up after they beat Shrewsbury. Plymouth still league in League two after they won against Stevenage. Lincoln City dropped to third in the Conference league after drawing with Bromley.
Anyone hear about the match between Charlton and Coventry getting stopped due to inflatable pigs being thrown onto the pitch by both sets of fans.
Yeah, not sure what the protests were about? Their owners perhaps.
Speaking of that, we have Wednesday today! Come on the terriers! 2-1 for me.

Quick Reply

Latest