The Student Room Group

AQA HIS2R A Sixties Social Revolution May 2013 Exam

Not sure if there is already a forum for this but I made one anyway.
Anyone got any ideas on what may be likely to show up this year?
And has anyone got access to the summer 2013 paper?
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
We just started this unit after Christmas, and we're about halfway through it.

I have no idea what could come up, neither do I have the summer 2013 paper so i'm not of much use tbh :tongue:

How are you revising for this exam?
Reply 3
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
We just started this unit after Christmas, and we're about halfway through it.

I have no idea what could come up, neither do I have the summer 2013 paper so i'm not of much use tbh :tongue:

How are you revising for this exam?

This will be my second time taking this exam. Honestly i'm just reading and note taking but soon will start looking at exam questions. Also i'm going to make a list of all the chapters that came up in each of the exam papers over the years and try to see which ones have shown up the most and which haven't shown up as much.
Original post by HayaBukhari
This will be my second time taking this exam. Honestly i'm just reading and note taking but soon will start looking at exam questions. Also i'm going to make a list of all the chapters that came up in each of the exam papers over the years and try to see which ones have shown up the most and which haven't shown up as much.

Have you found a pattern yet? Honestly I haven't started revising for this, I've been doing Unit 1! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Have you found a pattern yet? Honestly I haven't started revising for this, I've been doing Unit 1! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been looking at past questions and have come up with a list that is most likely to show up.

As far as i'm aware chapter 1 and chapter 8 questions came up in june 2013. Although im not 100% sure because i haven't had access to the paper and only heard from others.

Most likely chapter to come up is chapter 6!
Other likely chapters include:
Chapters 4, 5, 7, 10 & 12

Please don't rely on these guesses because theres often a case where the same chapters will appear which have shown up in the last exam. I say to revise through everything thoroughly and may pick out a few of the likely ones and memorise them in detail!
Original post by HayaBukhari
I've been looking at past questions and have come up with a list that is most likely to show up.

As far as i'm aware chapter 1 and chapter 8 questions came up in june 2013. Although im not 100% sure because i haven't had access to the paper and only heard from others.

Most likely chapter to come up is chapter 6!
Other likely chapters include:
Chapters 4, 5, 7, 10 & 12

Please don't rely on these guesses because theres often a case where the same chapters will appear which have shown up in the last exam. I say to revise through everything thoroughly and may pick out a few of the likely ones and memorise them in detail!

Sorry, only just saw this!
Tbh I prefer this unit over the American unit, purely because it's so much more basic content-wise, however there's tiny little facts that you have to remember which could cause you to lose marks should you forget them.
Thank you so much for your predictions, ill take a lot at chapter 6 in a bit more detail! However I still am revising equally for all the chapters and I suck at predictions so there's no point in even guessing haha.
Good luck with revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Sorry, only just saw this!
Tbh I prefer this unit over the American unit, purely because it's so much more basic content-wise, however there's tiny little facts that you have to remember which could cause you to lose marks should you forget them.
Thank you so much for your predictions, ill take a lot at chapter 6 in a bit more detail! However I still am revising equally for all the chapters and I suck at predictions so there's no point in even guessing haha.
Good luck with revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Hey, not sure if you've seen it but this is the 2013 paper:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400498213.106361.jpg
(Sorry about the annotations!)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400498260.137733.jpg

How's revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
How did everyone find the exam??
What source question came up?