The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Glen Eyre vs Wessex lane- need help deciding?!

I'm looking to apply for enhanced standard to one of these halls, but I need help? I didn't get a chance to visit either accommodation (big mistake)!
I just wanted to know what the general feel from each halls? Which one would you say is better?
Typically how many people share a bathroom and kitchen?
And also, are the toilets and shower in the same room? I have a massive fear of cubicle toilets!
Reply 1
Glen Eyre, it's closer to uni. The answers to your other questions depend on the block and room.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Do you know if any of the blocks have cubicle toilets? That's my main concern really
Reply 3
I stayed in Brunei house which was part of Glen Eyre and the bathrooms were some of the nicest I've seen. They've just recently been refurbished and are a shower and toilet in the same room- with 3 bathrooms to share between 7 or 9. I also visited a lot of the other Glen blocks and none that I saw had cubicles. I think Connaught which is part of Wessex lane has cubicles so maybe avoid there??
Reply 4
GLEN REPRESENT.

Yeah, perhaps I'm biased, as I'm sat in my Glen Eyre room right now. It's closer to the uni (so you won't need to get the bus to uni).

In terms of toilets, I'm in one of the newest blocks of Glen, and we have two bathrooms for six people; so no cubicles. Not so sure about the others though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending