The Student Room Group

Is it normal for people to leave the door open when they are doing a number 2?

Scroll to see replies

I don't normally do it, and it's certainly not acceptable in my house.

I get bored at times though, so I sometimes do it for a thrill. I'm yet to be caught :tongue:
Reply 21
Maybe for a wee in a close knit family, but for No.2, NO !
Reply 22
I have had long arguments with sectors of my family regarding this. Now that i have my own place there will be no more argument, no one is doing that in my house ever it is so disgusting.
Reply 23
I had a mate who did this :lol: and for the record, no it isn't normal.
It strikes me as really, really peculiar. I rarely talk about poo etiquette with my friends if I'm honest, but I've never been in a house with someone showcasing their poo for the rest of the family.

I don't think I'd be happy doing that even if it was socially acceptable. A poo is 'me time'. Get a good book, get comfortable, chill out for 20 minutes and emerge feeling refreshed.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
and the tap running so no one care hear what we're doing!

Why don't you just put a layer of toilet paper in the toilet before taking a poo, that way you can't hear any splash :rolleyes: Will save water too I guess.
Original post by russellsteapot

I don't think I'd be happy doing that even if it was socially acceptable. A poo is 'me time'. Get a good book, get comfortable, chill out for 20 minutes and emerge feeling refreshed.

Is this a guy thing? My housemates complain how long I (token girl) take in the bathroom, but it's nothing compared to the time of any of them pooing.

To the OP, my parents do this, but not when other people are at the house, that's too weird for them.
Lmao! I don't think it is
I had an image in my head and I couldn't help but snort with laughter...Sorry. Ahem, no it's not right.
My boyfriend does it all the time it's normal for him some families do someone done depends on how your raised

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by indigo_blue
Is this a guy thing? My housemates complain how long I (token girl) take in the bathroom, but it's nothing compared to the time of any of them pooing.

I think so, yes. Most of the longtimers I know are gentlemen, but it doesn't come up in conversation with female friends quite as much so who knows. I do know a few male in-and-outers who were quite horrified at the thought of spending 20 minutes in there.
Reply 31
When I lived with my mum, we never shut the door when we were doing the toilet or in a bath because it was just us in the house and well I came out of her vagina, seeing her poop was nothing after that lol.

Now me and my bf live together we do the exact same. It doesn't bother me. After you have been with someone that long peeing, pooing and puking in front of them isn't really a big deal lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I do it when I am on my own, or just when it is me and my mum(but just for wee, not nº2!). If there are guests, of course not. Not even with my closest friends or bestfriend. I always close and lock the door, but obviously no tap running... waste of water!
I find it really weird, and it certainly doesn't happen in my house.

But, one of my friends has so many clothes hanging off every door in the house that none of them even shut, so even if you wanted to shut the door you couldn't :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know if this is real, but I needed a laugh so thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why waste so much water though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending