The Student Room Group

Does stress and anxiety/depression affect libido/testosterone levels?

I'm finding that after a fun and relatively active/sociable day out I'm pretty horny (esp. if clean eating/just lifted weights) but after a day on here worrying I have no energy and it goes limp :/
correlation?
I'm a girl and I feel the same not sure how that works out...
Not feeling mentally/emotionally good can definitely have that effect. Not so much due to testosterone but brain chemicals releasedwhen in negative vs positive moods.

Saying that... sex is a good way of relieving stress/tension.
Reply 3
It's the opposite for when I'm stressed out I end up incessantly masturbating because I have so much energy and tension inside
Reply 4
I'm not sure whether those would affect testosterone levels, but libido certainly would be affected by them.
Reply 5
Original post by Riku
I'm finding that after a fun and relatively active/sociable day out I'm pretty horny (esp. if clean eating/just lifted weights) but after a day on here worrying I have no energy and it goes limp :/
correlation?

Big ol' yes! The same chemical levels which are causing you to feel depressed/ stressed will also be affecting things like your libido and energy. It's all linked.
It can also be to do with less hormones from activity or even the food you eat.
Basically anything you do can have an effect on libido and energy levels. It's partially working out your own patterns, but some things can be predicted (like how oysters make you more horny or fatty food can make you feel low)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest