The Student Room Group

Manchester City F.C vs Chelsea F.C 03/02/2014 20:00

KO: 20:00
Etihad Stadium
Monday 3rd February 2014

A massive game, Man City can move six points ahead of Chelsea with a win, whilst Chelsea can stay hot on the heels of the league leaders with at least a draw. Man City have a 100% win record at the Etihad this season, whilst Chelsea have only conceded two goals in their last ten matches.

This match seems to be very much the case of the irresistible force meeting the immovable object.

Team News:

Chelsea

- Torres, Van Ginkel out
- Salah doubtful

Manchester City

- Aguero, Nasri and Garcia out
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Come on chelsea
I hope City absolutely murder Chelski.
Well, if Chelsea are to win the league, they'll have to get something from this fixture.

City 1-0 Chelsea
I'll take a drab 0-0 thank you :colone:
Wonder if Jose's going to play some good old 19th century football? If it almost worked for Crystal Palace, it should work for Chelsea. Arab Money 1-2 Russian Money
Reply 6
El Cashico

0-0 draw with a mass brawl resulting in 20 point deductions from each side and lifetime bans for 5/6 key players from each side please
Reply 7
Original post by Zürich
El Cashico

0-0 draw with a mass brawl resulting in 20 point deductions from each side and lifetime bans for 5/6 key players from each side please

Will still come above Arsenal.
Reply 8
5-0 city. Modern football triumph over 19th century.

Posted from TSR Mobile
2-1 to City.
Reply 10
A 0-0 Draw.
Reply 11
Anybody know if Negredo is fit to start?
Reply 12
Original post by Futility

Yes Negredo is fit, just didn't get a chance to come off the bench against Spurs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ABand98
Yes Negredo is fit, just didn't get a chance to come off the bench against Spurs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: In that case I'm going for 2-0 to City, with Negredo and Toure getting the goals.
Original post by Futility

It's hard to say. He had a shoulder injury and his arm was in a sling, that he didn't come on against Spurs shows he's not quite fit yet.

Aguero's injury may have forced Pellegrini's hand though.
Reply 15
City 4-2 Chelsea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
4-0 City.
Reply 18
Chelsea win for me. 2-1
Reply 19

Even if we do park the bus, don't think you can blame us, what with their 4 goal average at the Etihad.

100% relying on the counter.

Quick Reply

Latest