The Student Room Group

Help an American choose a London football club to follow

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
You are though. All your fans are Jafaican bellends or Tarquins. Serious question; do you genuinely think southerners can bring it to northerners when it comes to football culture?

I rate the real cockney types from West Ham and those sorts but other than them?

Of the 12 founding members of English football, how many were southerners? 0. The south is massively under represented when it comes to football, then you get Arsenal fans trying to argue they are as good as those from the north.

You lot are fannies, your fans are known for denching and Soccer AM sort of stuff. You're a ****ing embarrassment.

''those Arsenal ponces have a **** stmosphere innit''

London needs to declare independence from the rest of the UK. #leeches
Millwall- everyone will instantly respect you.

Alternatively, Brentford.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

That's the best you've got? Really?

Football is a northern thing. Southerners :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Zürich

:lmao:

I'd back this though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Skjellyfetti
I'm going to be starting a masters program at UCL next year. I've followed the EPL pretty casually for the last few years -- enough to be vaguely familiar with the larger clubs. I love sports in the US... and one thing that really excites me about spending a year in the UK will be immersing myself in your football culture to whatever extent I'll be able to.

I'm not going to choose a club to "support" from afar... because that seems so arbitrary and fake. But, I would like to pick out a team from afar to follow the rest of this season to get more acquainted with the smaller clubs. So, I'm looking for any suggestions.

Location isn't a huge factor. UCL seems to be in the vacant center of football club geography in London and there's no obvious choice here.

Premier League isn't completely necessary... though, I think I'd prefer Premier or Championship so that I may be able to find streams of the games overseas. I could be convinced to support a lower division team, however.

I've definitely eliminated Chelsea, Arsenal, and Spurs as I don't want to jump on the bandwagon of a larger club... and I'd like to be able to afford to actually attend an occasional match.

I'm leaning toward QPR and West Ham -- mainly because I'm most familiar with these two clubs from Green Street Hooligans and The Four Year Plan. But, I'm completely open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

I'm copying you for a Manchester thread :biggrin:

go West Ham United!!!!
You are though. All your fans are Jafaican bellends or Tarquins. Serious question; do you genuinely think southerners can bring it to northerners when it comes to football culture?

I rate the real cockney types from West Ham and those sorts but other than them?

Of the 12 founding members of English football, how many were southerners? 0. The south is massively under represented when it comes to football, then you get Arsenal fans trying to argue they are as good as those from the north.

You lot are fannies, your fans are known for denching and Soccer AM sort of stuff. You're a ****ing embarrassment.

I consider all vaguely midlands fans to be a joke, which you are.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I consider all vaguely midlands fans to be a joke, which you are.

Arsenal fans are real blue boold though innit? Before the ***** talking absolute *******s about how Wenger is a **** manager...

Wenger said this would happen.
Wenger knows.
Wenger.

So you completely ignored all my points. You got one of these?

Stoke absolutely piss on you lot by the way, you pathetic southern fairy.
The gunners

Only issue is with Chelsea American fans. There is something very humiliating and grasping about Chelsea generally, buy this confirms it.
Original post by Zürich
Only issue is with Chelsea American fans. There is something very humiliating and grasping about Chelsea generally, buy this confirms it.

:biggrin:

How many ales you had?

Always amuses me what comes from Stoke, and the other boring midlands pipe up at this time.

What is the point of you lot actually? Shall we put you on display in London zoo?
Reply 51
Original post by Zürich
Do Arsenal have the worst atmosphere in the league?

The Palace fans out sang your fans all game yesterday, even when you were winning. It was totally silent apart from the sound coming from that one corner.

Even your own fans admit that the atmosphere is poor at the Emirates. I remember reading an article a few months ago about a survey taken by your fans where the majority described it as exactly that.

'They go for every ball and put the referee under pressure. That’s a bit more in the north than in the south. You know that when you go to Sunderland the crowd plays every ball. When you go to Everton the crowd plays every ball. Then in London the crowd is a bit more relaxed.' - Wenger

'We played away from home. We didn’t have the support that we should have had in a game we needed to win.' - Villas-Boas about White Hart Lane

'We know Stamford Bridge is not a very hot atmosphere, not a very strong atmosphere normally and we accept that.' - Mourinho
Original post by Zürich
Always amuses me that melts from Stoke and the midlands pipe up at this time.

What is the point of you lot actually? Shall we put you on display in London zoo?

If it weren't for McGregor there'd be no league. You've still not won the European Cup yet.

Even Chelsea have been to more finals than you. Pathetic.
Original post by Cll_ws
The Palace fans out sang your fans all game yesterday, even when you were winning. It was totally silent apart from the sound coming from that one corner.

Even your own fans admit that the atmosphere is poor at the Emirates. I remember reading an article a few months ago about a survey taken by your fans where the majority described it as exactly that.

'They go for every ball and put the referee under pressure. That’s a bit more in the north than in the south. You know that when you go to Sunderland the crowd plays every ball. When you go to Everton the crowd plays every ball. Then in London the crowd is a bit more relaxed.' - Wenger

'We played away from home. We didn’t have the support that we should have had in a game we needed to win.' - Villas-Boas about White Hart Lane

'We know Stamford Bridge is not a very hot atmosphere, not a very strong atmosphere normally and we accept that.' - Mourinho

Tell me that the Emirates pales in comparison to the mighty Villa Park? Do you believe that your own atmosphere is never ever good, well that's the truth. AT least the Emirates is buzzing now and again, what is Villa Park?

London :biggrin:

Londoners :biggrin:

London and the Londoners :biggrin:
Original post by Zürich
Tell me that the Emirates pales in comparison to the mighty Villa Park? Do you believe that your own atmosphere is never ever good, well that's the truth. AT least the Emirates is buzzing now and again, what is Villa Park?

Go to bed.
If it weren't for McGregor there'd be no league. You've still not won the European Cup yet.

Even Chelsea have been to more finals than you. Pathetic.

Serious question, Arsenal define Islington, and we would probably be about 9th on things to do in Islington? And Islington is one of many in London.

What is the point of Villa? Shall we put you on display in the zoo?
Original post by Zürich
Serious question, Arsenal define Islington, and we would probably be about 9th on things to do in Islington? And Islington is one of many in London.

What is the point of Villa? Shall we put you on display in the zoo?

The Tarquins :biggrin:

Come chat to us when you've conquered Europe.
The Tarquins :biggrin:

Come chat to us when you've conquered Europe.

I would love London to cut the rest of you lot loose.

No economy, no humour, no style, 1 European Cup.
Original post by Zürich
I would love London to cut the rest of you lot loose.

No economy, no humour, no style, 1 European Cup.

Off our own backs.

Spartak London got yours. Pathetic football culture.

Quick Reply

Latest