The Student Room Group

Let's keep talking - Time To Talk Day - let's talk about mental health

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone,

I've posted the thread below - looking for support and suggestions on for the Mental Health Awareness Week - which is focused on anxiety and is kicking off on the 12th :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2670656&p=47460809#post47460809
Have been asked by someone to write a bit about my time at Oxford and my experience of having mental health problems there. Looking forward to seeing how it might be included in a features piece in one of the student newspapers :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Have been asked by someone to write a bit about my time at Oxford and my experience of having mental health problems there. Looking forward to seeing how it might be included in a features piece in one of the student newspapers :smile:

Yeyyyy, so proud of getting your story out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PonchoKid
Yeyyyy, so proud of getting your story out there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! They wanna hear my story, warts and all. Should be interesting writing down the less savoury aspects (e.g. E, etc)
Thanks! They wanna hear my story, warts and all. Should be interesting writing down the less savoury aspects (e.g. E, etc)

It might even do you good getting it out there!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so exciting! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by PonchoKid
It might even do you good getting it out there!

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks lovely.

Spoiler

Original post by She-Ra
That's so exciting! Congratulations :smile:

Thanks. Generally I've tried to highlight the better aspects of mental health provision there in the past, but I think the time has come to highlight some ways in which things could improve too! :colone:
Original post by OU Student
I've found this too. I was once told I should be locked up for other peoples safety.:mad: I have never harmed anyone.

Slight bump. I guess its one of those things that people aren't so aware of. Its much better now than it was in the 30's however

Quick Reply

Latest