The Student Room Group

Footballers you cant stand?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by So Instinct
Wilshere, don't know who he thinks he is. Wasteman. Same goes for Evra, Dembele and Van Persie.

Chico Flores recently, man up.

If I wasn't an Arsenal fan I'd find Wilshere to be a bit of a knob, in fact I still do to be honest. Needs to learn to wind his neck in, concentrate on his game and wind others up rather than the other way around.
Original post by qua
Quite common sentiment outside of England actually, although he tends to get romanticised among PL-followers :erm: Don't like his demeanour, also think his play has gotten a little one-dimensional since playing in la liga, compared with how he used to play for United that is. Liked him more back then, was way more exciting to watch.

There are less tricks in his game now obviously as he and Messi just go out to outscore each other, but the pace, power and shooting of Ronaldo is for me just as entertaining as his tricks were. The hat-trick against Sweden epitomises his style now.

As for his demeanour, I like the arrogance tbh & as far as determination goes he is second to none. And I reckon he's one of the good guys away from football.
Wilshere. Nowhere near as good as he was before his injury problems yet talks as if he's the number one guy. He's just a chav with football skills. Without football he'd be hanging around outside the local shops.
I don't really like the persona that Ronaldo tries to play sometimes. In particular, his goal celebrations where he lifts his shorts up and shows off his legs, or when he makes those "breast squeezing" gestures in the air, or when he "shushes" the crowd and points at himself, or even that pose he does before taking a free kick. It all seems very attention-seeking. The fact that he has his own "museum" of his awards as well...

I know he's one of the best players of all time, but so is Messi, who manages to show a lot more humility and class than that. I think Neymar used to be a little bit like that as well, but he seems to have toned it down a lot in order to fit in at Barcelona.

I also don't like Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Arbeloa, Diego Costa, and players who always look as though they're trying to get into a fight.
Reply 84
Original post by tazarooni89
Diego Costa, and players who always look as though they're trying to get into a fight.

:biggrin:

Was watching atletico yesterday and thinking the exact same thing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazarooni89

I know he's one of the best players of all time, but so is Messi, who manages to show a lot more humility and class than that. I think Neymar used to be a little bit like that as well, but he seems to have toned it down a lot in order to fit in at Barcelona.

I also don't like Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Arbeloa, Diego Costa, and players who always look as though they're trying to get into a fight.

Messi is no angel http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyJkesu-Ac

Some players like to be the 'villain' & actually enjoy the people shouting & booing them. They love winding up the crowd & opposition, Costa has really come into his own since Falcao left.
Reply 86
That little moron Jack Wilshere and Mourinho
(edited 10 years ago)
Rio Ferdinand (just a knob, especially after the choc-ice thing, comes across as a bit thick)
Bellamy (just a prick)
Sergio Ramos (always looking for trouble)
Diego Costa (no morals)
Jack Wilshere (moans all the time)
Yaya Toure (gets away with some dirty ****)
Leroy Fer (just think he's a little prick too)

Manager wise

Pardew- Just a tit
Benitez- After insulting our club, he has the audacity to be our manager for a short while. He did ok, but I don't like him and it's quite clear that he isn't the most likeable of managers from his time at Inter. Inter fell off when he came.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Messi is no angel http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JUyJkesu-Ac

Some players like to be the 'villain' & actually enjoy the people shouting & booing them. They love winding up the crowd & opposition, Costa has really come into his own since Falcao left.

Tbh, I actually like Ronaldo more because of his character. Yes, he is slightly arrogant etc, but he is probably the hardest working footballer. He's always hungry to score goals and always gives 100%. Not saying that Messi doesn't, but Ronaldo is a top athlete as well as a top footballer due to his willingness to do whatever it takes to be the best. Messi had it, Ronaldo had to work for it

I know, Messi gets angry and acts out of turn at times. I don't like it when he does that, but I don't think Messi tries to characterise himself like that. Whereas someone like Ronaldo actually means to show off, "look at me, I think I lot of myself".

I'm sure they do. I just don't like that kind of player. Obviously they're succeeding if they're trying not to be liked.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 90
Tom Cleverley, Robbie Fowler, Carlos Alberto Tevez.
Reply 91
Original post by FKLW
:biggrin:

Was watching atletico yesterday and thinking the exact same thing :tongue:

We could do with Diego Costa. Shocked they lost though.
Reply 92
Original post by Eboracum
We could do with Diego Costa. Shocked they lost though.

Would be an awesome addition :drool:

Yeah same, was keepers fault though tbh cos Courtois wasn't playing and the goals were fairly soft. I think Madrid will win the league tbh. Been meaning to ask you this for a while, but out of our transfer targets/players I would like, who would you want to sign and could you rank them in order of necessity? :tongue:

Shaw
Gundogan
Diego Costa
Vidal
Pogba
Herrera
Hummels
Kroos
Di Maria
Reus

Cheers. Will post it in united thread to get the other guys opinions after you've chosen :smile: :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley, Patrice Evra, Nile Ranger, Joey Barton, Franck Ribery, RVP, Lee Hughes, Ricardo Fuller, Titus Bramble and anyone else who has had gaol time.
Reply 94
Original post by FKLW
Would be an awesome addition :drool:

Yeah same, was keepers fault though tbh cos Courtois wasn't playing and the goals were fairly soft. I think Madrid will win the league tbh. Been meaning to ask you this for a while, but out of our transfer targets/players I would like, who would you want to sign and could you rank them in order of necessity? :tongue:

Shaw
Gundogan
Diego Costa
Vidal
Pogba
Herrera
Hummels
Kroos
Di Maria
Reus

Cheers. Will post it in united thread to get the other guys opinions after you've chosen :smile: :holmes:

Would have been nice to see Athletico win the league, but I think now it's Real or Barca. They needed to keep that 3 point lead.

No worries. Always nice to debate these issues with you. :smile:

If we want to get back in the top four, I think he needs four players minimum. A LB (Coentrao or Shaw) a CB (Hummels or Mangala) and a CDM (Pogba/Vidal or one of the Bender twins) just have to be a given for me, we have to do what ever it takes. They are all A rated priorities. We also need an attacking midfielder who would play alongside that CDM, a real box to box, perhaps Kroos, Koke are good options. Gundogan depending on a return to form. I'd rather see United be more defensive to be honest. Really I enjoy watching Chelsea and Mourinho's tactics, we need a player like Matic and a player like Willian, in terms of the former being a rock in defensive midfield and the latter offering both attack minded and defensive qualities. So the four roles minimum - LB, CB, CDM and CAM (but somebody who can go forward). Really we need a new Scholes and Keane, although, there roles have evolved.

After that it becomes a case of offers. Ideally I'd sign a fifth player (a new wide man), and I'd get rid of ideally Nani and then one of either Young/Valencia, this player should be Reus. If we got those five I think we'd be close for the title, and if we weren't, you'd have to change the manager, as he wouldn't be getting the best out of a world class squad.

A couple more things - I worry that Di Maria would face the same problem as Kagawa (and you could argue Ozil now) in terms of being too 'lightweight' for the Premier League, I'd favour Reus over him.

In terms of a striker, it depends. At the moment I'd say no, but if either Hernandez or van Persie were to leave I'd probably look at Mandzukic, I think he'd be easier to get as he'll be phased out at Bayern due to Robert's arrival. Costa you'll have Chelsea and Arsenal and maybe others looking at him and he'd be 45M+, I think we could get Mandzukic for 25M.

So to win the league, he realistically needs an LB, CB, CDM, CAM and a wide man. I'd get rid of Anderson, Nani, Ferdinand, Evra, Buttner and then either Nani/Valencia. Cleverley and Welbeck not good enough, but they'll be kept as squad players because of FFP what with them being British.

Your thoughts?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 95
Would have been nice to see Athletico win the league, but I think now it's Real or Barca. They needed to keep that 3 point lead.

No worries. Always nice to debate these issues with you. :smile:

If we want to get back in the top four, I think he needs four players minimum. A LB (Coentrao or Shaw) a CB (Hummels or Mangala) and a CDM (Pogba/Vidal or one of the Bender twins) just have to be a given for me, we have to do what ever it takes. They are all A rated priorities. We also need an attacking midfielder who would play alongside that CDM, a real box to box, perhaps Kroos, Koke are good options. Gundogan depending on a return to form. I'd rather see United be more defensive to be honest. Really I enjoy watching Chelsea and Mourinho's tactics, we need a player like Matic and a player like Willian, in terms of the former being a rock in defensive midfield and the latter offering both attack minded and defensive qualities. So the four roles minimum - LB, CB, CDM and CAM (but somebody who can go forward). Really we need a new Scholes and Keane, although, there roles have evolved.

The feelings mutual:smile:.

A LB is a given defo, Evra is seemingly on his way out, and even if not is past it in all honesty. Buttner is shocking, he looks like Cleverley, he plays like Cleverley. I would like to see Shaw out of the 2 you mentioned, young and British (I actually believe in blooding young British talent IF they are good enough, as Young, Cleverley, Smalling come into that category would like to see them replaced) but would probably be more expensive, which would not put me off but will certainly put Moist off.

Forgot about the Bender twins:colondollar: I haven't seen much of Lars to comment but from what i've heard he's the better of the 2? I would target Vidal as number 1 and offer even £45 million for him. If you Juve don't budge move on to Bender's or Pogba. Gundogan i've been told is more attack minded, so would he fit the more AM style midfielder you were after? The 2 i would really love to see come in is Vidal and Kroos. With Carrick, Fletcher and Fellaini to rotate I feel our midfield would actually be solid then.

Totally agree, despite what people say I love to watch Mourinho's Chelsea play. I find it a joy to behold when people like Matic are beasting the midfield with his power and passing, and Willian who is constantly buzzing around, winning the ball back and then breaking with pace. This is what we need at our club. Dortmund do this too, it's the way football is going with everybody having to be all-rounders and tbh I don't see many of these players at our club. It also makes me beg the question, WHY didn't Moist go in for Matic? We sent enough scouts to Benfica for Garay, didn't they see him bossing and think 'this is the player we need'? Are they that inept? Or was this info passed on to Moyes who thought 'Na i'd rather have Fellaini'? It's baffling, I literally don't understand.
After that it becomes a case of offers. Ideally I'd sign a fifth player (a new wide man), and I'd get rid of ideally Nani and then one of either Young/Valencia, this player should be Reus. If we got those five I think we'd be close for the title, and if we weren't, you'd have to change the manager, as he wouldn't be getting the best out of a world class squad.

Reus should be a major summer target for me. He fits Manchester United perfectly and idgaf if his release clause isn't active yet, money talks so we have to dig deep even if he costs £40 million. If we can get rid of Young and Nani and recoup £15-20 million of that even better. Even with all these players I don't think Moyes will win, he just seems so tactically inept it's unreal. We can attract top managers with this kind of squad though, if Moist has ****** us over with no title challenge by Xmas he should be chopped.
A couple more things - I worry that Di Maria would face the same problem as Kagawa (and you could argue Ozil now) in terms of being too 'lightweight' for the Premier League, I'd favour Reus over him.

In terms of a striker, it depends. At the moment I'd say no, but if either Hernandez or van Persie were to leave I'd probably look at Mandzukic, I think he'd be easier to get as he'll be phased out at Bayern due to Robert's arrival. Costa you'll have Chelsea and Arsenal and maybe others looking at him and he'd be 45M+, I think we could get Mandzukic for 25M.

Yeah this is all dependant. If we don't get top 4 I can see Rooney leaving. Either way I can see Chicharito leaving and he will go with my blessing. How frustrating it must be to see Welbeck picked ahead of you- the man who scored 2 PL goals last year against Javier with one of the best minutes-per-goals ratio in the history of the PL. Ideally Costa, but as you say with bigger clubs sniffing around Mandzukic would be awesome. A different sort of player to anything we've got, cheaper and a deadly finisher.

So to win the league, he realistically needs an LB, CB, CDM, CAM and a wide man. I'd get rid of Anderson, Nani, Ferdinand, Evra, Buttner and then either Nani/Valencia. Cleverley and Welbeck not good enough, but they'll be kept as squad players because of FFP what with them being British.

Your thoughts?

This is the bit that worries me Eb. I don't think he's a good enough manager to win the league. Even with this squad I envisage more losses to Stoke and West Brom. He just has no clue. This squad, with the players we've mentioned, would be good enough to walk the league and put up a challenge with the big boys in Europe. In regards to this season, as I think we'll beat Olympiakos, I actually fear for us getting through and drawing Bayern or Madrid. Can you imagine what they'll do to us. I could genuienly see a 8 or 9-0 aggregate win in their favour, Bayern have a MILES better squad and the Pep and Ancelotti in a tactical battle against Moist :laugh:

Imo Welbeck is a decent enough squad player, I like the passion he shows and his work-rate is incredible, however he is merely a player to fill an injured players boots or in the smaller games/cups. Cleverley astounds me as to how he is a premier league footballer. I think he's Championship, AT BEST.

Wow that was a long post:tongue:. I'll copy it into United thread:smile:.
Reply 96
snip

Original post by FKLW
snap

You two should get a room. :tongue:
Original post by Aniaa
Arjen Robben. First of all his look and cocky smiles irritates me soo bad. And as BVB fan, I cant stand him being in Bayern and scoring the winning goal in last year CL final

He's a world class Dutch footballer, arrogance is in the DNA. :wink:
Lots of hate for my boy Super Jacky Wilshere on here then...
Tbf I can see why, bit of a melt. Good player tho
Original post by Manbeerpig
Jordan Henderson

Runs like a ****ing duck

and biscuits for obvious reasons

Original post by -bill-
Robin van cuntface

Original post by Zürich
RVP, Gallas, Lampard, Ferdinand, Gattuso, Torres, Owen, Ireland, Anelka

mainly RVP though :colonhash:

Original post by Roger1
Ashley Young. Can't stand the prick. The worst player we have ever signed.

These.

Quick Reply

Latest