The Student Room Group

Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatitootoo
^ A strong statement like that should keep the examiners awake when marking your paper :tongue:

AQA AS French was also on this morning...Did everything go smoothly? Obiejess, Aasvogel & others? :tongue:

'The following sentence shocked me. What is success?! In my opinion, it's happiness; not money.' Dun dun dun

Oh yeah
Original post by L'Evil Fish
'The following sentence shocked me. What is success?! In my opinion, it's happiness; not money.' Dun dun dun

Oh yeah

Hast du das geschrieben oder ist das etwas was du gelesen hast?

Either way, ich bin VÖLLIG damit einverstanden! :yep:

Your answer sounds 'relevant' enough to get zee good marks. Don't forget - this is not maths/science where you are either "wright or wrong" :wink: as long as you accurately displayed a wide range of language and didn't diverge too far from the question...everything should be très bonne! :biggrin:

Did I really just write 'wright' instead of 'right'?! :laugh:
Hast du das geschrieben oder ist das etwas was du gelesen hast?

Either way, ich bin VÖLLIG damit einverstanden! :yep:

Did I really just write 'wright' instead of 'right'?! :laugh:

I wrote it :lol: in my essay
I wrote it :lol: in my essay

Truer words have never been written! haha
你们好!现在在中国是周五!
Question... If I write two essays, will both be marked and best chosen or?

The rule is usually that they will mark the first and ignore any others (just FYI, since I presume it's a bit late for you to use this info).
Original post by Ronove
The rule is usually that they will mark the first and ignore any others (just FYI, since I presume it's a bit late for you to use this info).

Ah, fair enough! Merci
Original post by Ronove

Interesting! I always thought that both would get marked, and then the one with the higher mark is the one that 'counts'.

I've never done this myself! I never had enough time to finish a single GCSE paper (except from English Language), so that was never even an option for me tbh! :tongue:
Oh and GCSE Dutch Reading and Listening were 2 other exams I managed to complete...
^ A strong statement like that should keep the examiners awake when marking your paper :tongue:

AQA AS French was also on this morning...Did everything go smoothly? Obiejess, Aasvogel & others? :tongue:

I ran out of questions I could answer at 10.30, and had a nap for the last half hour. But the essay questions would have been incredibly easy, if I had enough fluency in French to cope without a dictionary.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
I ran out of questions I could answer at 10.30, and had a nap for the last half hour. But the essay questions would have been incredibly easy, if I had enough fluency in French to cope without a dictionary.

Hey, I thought you would respond (with this) to my text message...but :tongue:

So we're going to retake our language ASs next year huh :tongue:
How were your other 2 exams then? :smile:
Hey, I thought you would respond (with this) to my text message...but :tongue:

So we're going to retake our language ASs next year huh :tongue:
How were your other 2 exams then? :smile:

My phone is charging. In the other room. I'm too tired to go over there. And I have the Miraculous Non-Sleeping Ill Child on me, in front of a Luc Besson DVD.

He was awake all night. He really needs to sleep, poor little thing.
TootooThought #1 I hope little baabaa recoveres and gets well soonies! :biggrin:
Why must there be such thing as Chicken Pox :frown:

TootooThought #2 Surely it can't be a coincidence that OCR, Edexcel, AQA & WJEC ALL had the major AS French exam today? :redface:
TootooThought #1 I hope little baabaa recoveres and gets well soonies! :biggrin:

TootooThought #2 Surely it can't be a coincidence that OCR, Edexcel, AQA & WJEC ALL had the major AS French exam today? :redface:

Organisms evolve to fit ecological niches?

And no, not a co-incidence. The German exams are all on the same day, usually, too.

No all subjects (except maths, although sometimes they are) happen on the same dau
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Organisms evolve to fit ecological niches?

And no, not a co-incidence. The German exams are all on the same day, usually, too.

Das ist schade (denke ich?) :tongue:

Ohh I seeeeeeeeeee :smile:

No all subjects (except maths, although sometimes they are) happen on the same dau

Ohhhhhhhhh I see :smile:
Reply 1596
Why do I have so many study help messages in this thread? :confused:
I have this green message between each post:

[h="2"]Need help? Check out our study resources[/h]How do I remove them?:angry:
Thought I would ask here and hope that there is someone that can offer their expertise. I'm an contemplating asking the head of MFL and sixth form to change my sixth form options. I've been interested in Spanish and was thinking that instead of R.S I could do Spanish. The thing is my Spanish isn't at GCSE level, but after the exams I will be spending many hours of my time learning Spanish and have many resources. Would it be doable for somebody who doesn't have the GCSE in it to get up the level required for a-level by September.
Reply 1598
In less than 250 words? Bonne chance... And that's not to do with science baccalaureate

Also, what does 'long to solve' mean? Like I know what you're trying to say but

I meant 'resolve'.
250 words for an essay? What's your level?

I looked at your profile and I didn't know you were so young. I thought you were in college as you speak so many languages. :tongue: So I think your essay will be ok. :biggrin:
Original post by GoldGhost
Thought I would ask here and hope that there is someone that can offer their expertise. I'm an contemplating asking the head of MFL and sixth form to change my sixth form options. I've been interested in Spanish and was thinking that instead of R.S I could do Spanish. The thing is my Spanish isn't at GCSE level, but after the exams I will be spending many hours of my time learning Spanish and have many resources. Would it be doable for somebody who doesn't have the GCSE in it to get up the level required for a-level by September.

I think so yes. But have you any experience with languages anyway?
Original post by Josb
I meant 'resolve'.
250 words for an essay? What's your level?

I looked at your profile and I didn't know you were so young. I thought you were in college as you speak so many languages. :tongue: So I think your essay will be ok. :biggrin:

AS :lol: so it is college... :tongue:

If I had an unlimited word count, I'd have been able to write a good essay I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending