The Student Room Group

Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK II

Scroll to see replies

Kallisto messaged me his answers. Out of the questions he answered...My very humble German friend scored 100%! :rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thatitootoo
I would have gotten that last question wrong too! :colondollar: It required you to make a suggestion based on the written information - I would have wrongly answered it with 'boete'....jees, these GCSE questions have gotten a wee bit trickier :wink:

Haha, that's even closer than 'Bücher' ! What is the singular in Danish? :awesome:

I could barely understand the question so it doesn't matter what it wanted. :tongue:

The singular is bog.
Kallisto messaged me his answers. Out of the questions he answered...My very humble German friend scored 100%! :rofl:

If you consider in what relation my answer was, I have just 10% answered correctly. 5 out of 50 is not very much, isn't it?
Original post by Kallisto
If you consider in what relation my answer was, I have just 10% answered correctly. 5 out of 50 is not very much, isn't it?

Das war unser Geheimnis! :tongue:

I honestly think you could have answered nearly all of the questions! Exercise 3 would especially have been easy for you! Du weisst sowieso was 'opa' und 'oma' bedeutet und dass 'juli' wirklich 'Juli' ist :wink:
:wink:

Someone made the A Level Results Day thread :cry2:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Someone made the A Level Results Day thread :cry2:

I call a false start! :mad:

Has anyone made the "What you think/hopw you'll get" vs "What you actually got" thread?

It would be a crime if that one is already up too! :tongue:
I call a false start! :mad:

Has anyone made the "What you think/hopw you'll get" vs "What you actually got" thread?

It would be a crime if that one is already up too! :tongue:

I'll make that one :colone:

Not now but I will

It's making it all real oooo
I'll make that one :colone:

Not now but I will

It's making it all real oooo

I just checked the Discussion Thread! Turns out that also serves as the other Results Thread! So they've beaten you to it again!

That OP is sooooo greedy! :mad:
I just checked the Discussion Thread! Turns out that also serves as the other Results Thread! So they've beaten you to it again!

That OP is sooooo greedy! :mad:

:cry2:

Guess I'll make the GCSE one... :frown:
:cry2:

Guess I'll make the GCSE one... :frown:

When needs must :lol:
Das war unser Geheimnis! :tongue: (...)

Bin halt für mehr Transparenz.

Wer deutsch kann, der sollte mit niederländisch nicht so viele Probleme haben. Die Vokabeln sehen sich zum Teil wirklich sehr ähnlich.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Bin halt für mehr Transparenz.

Wer deutsch kann, der sollte mit niederländisch nicht so viele Probleme haben. Die Vokabel sehen sich zum Teil wirklich sehr ähnlich.

Haha, sicher! Ja, das stimmt! Die germanischen Sprachen sind echt verwandt und das ist klar zu sehen :biggrin:
Really hope one of these beginners classes will run at my college!

Russian
Portuguese
Arabic

Portuguese is scheduled to start the night before my Dutch exam though... The other 2 would be straight after.

French has been ruled out now -by me- :tongue:

Russian
Portuguese
Arabic

Portuguese is scheduled to start the night before my Dutch exam though... The other 2 would be straight after.

Arabic or Russian :colone:
I haven't been on here in a while :rolleyes: Bonjour again!

My French teacher wants me to join her Russian GCSE class next year, but I'm already hoping to do five subjects at AS (including two languages), so I'm thinking it might be a bit too much? I really want to do Russian though, I wish I'd joined the last class, because then I would just be finishing the GCSE :tongue:
Arabic or Russian :colone:

Vielleicht, vielleicht! :rolleyes:

I can't believe that it's now been a year since I had my first beginners German class at the college! I started it sometime in June anyway ^^ My teacher was very impressed and she entertained my suggestion of doing AS/A2 :tongue: (I lasted a month!) And you know what, if I had been a more disciplined student from the get go, I would now have been awaiting 2 A-level results! Tja...:laugh:
Arabic would be more doable imo, I can read Arabic... But thats about it

Reading is easy enough though

Really? Just because you can read it doesn't mean I can :tongue:

Russian
Portuguese
Arabic

Go for Russian if it does. I believe you asked me in PM how good my Russian was well, it's not bad, not brilliant either but not bad :tongue:

Also it's privet, you don't add a y as it's not needed in Latin script as the Cyrillic alphabet doesn't include it, привет... the в is a v in Latin script :smile: so you know, the Russian Alphabet is easy to pick up, the language itself not so much :tongue:
Original post by tehFrance

Go for Russian if it does. I believe you asked me in PM how good my Russian was well, it's not bad, not brilliant either but not bad :tongue:

Also it's privet, you don't add a y as it's not needed in Latin script as the Cyrillic alphabet doesn't include it, привет... the в is a v in Latin script :smile: so you know, the Russian Alphabet is easy to pick up, the language itself not so much :tongue:

Ahá! That's what I thought! It's just when I see Russian names starting with the cyrilic 'e' it's sometimes transcribed as a 'Ye' :redface: I'm already aware of most of the letters, spasibo! :wink:
Vielleicht, vielleicht! :rolleyes:

I can't believe that it's now been a year since I had my first beginners German class at the college! I started it sometime in June anyway ^^ My teacher was very impressed and she entertained my suggestion of doing AS/A2 :tongue: (I lasted a month!) And you know what, if I had been a more disciplined student from the get go, I would now have been awaiting 2 A-level results! Tja...:laugh:

:moon:

I remember I started French properly around Jan last year! (Had lessons before that but didn't really know anything... It was Year 11 Jan something sparked)

Original post by tehFrance

You will be able to! There are like... (Let me count)... 28-30 letters depending on how you look at it.

5 a day. That's a week's work.

Writing however... I won't lie, that'd be hard. But then I can't write russian but used to be able to read it (I.e make the right noises most of the time)

Original post by EmyJ14
I haven't been on here in a while :rolleyes: Bonjour again!

My French teacher wants me to join her Russian GCSE class next year, but I'm already hoping to do five subjects at AS (including two languages), so I'm thinking it might be a bit too much? I really want to do Russian though, I wish I'd joined the last class, because then I would just be finishing the GCSE :tongue:

I'd probably just go but not do the GCSE unless you feel comfortable with everything else.
So my exams are next week and my computer's playing up again which means no memrise! Why now? :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending