The Student Room Group

Best trilogy?

Scroll to see replies

i want to say godfather but the third installment was such a let down so lord of the rings it is
Original post by danny111
What's your favourite trilogy? And what is the "best" one?

For me either the Dollars trilogy or the Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight.

Edit: yes this is for films.

there is only one trilogy - star wars 4 5 and 6
Reply 22
Favourite is Three Colours probably. Do think LOTR/Bourne/Dollars/Godfather are very good also.

Best depends on how you measure it I guess (critical acclaim, general audience rating, can a weaker link be carried by two great parts, etc). All three parts of LOTR and Toy Story are usually very highly rated so maybe one of those?
Back to the future. Best movie ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
The problem with The Godfather trilogy is that the first two are phenomenal and the third is SO below that standard.

On the basis of all three films I'd say you've got to go for The Lord of The Rings, Nolan's Batman series, Toy Story, Back to the Future and the original Star Wars trilogy.
Bourne trilogy. Excluding the crappy 4th film.
LotR no question
Reply 27
Original post by goldenfish
Bourne trilogy. Excluding the crappy 4th film.

I found the second and third really boring. Meat and potatoes action. The first is great, though. I think the biggest legacy the Bourne trilogy has had is the impact its had on the Daniel Craig-era Bond films. They have ditched the nonsensical nature of Die Another Day and adopted Bourne's gritty realism.
for me its lord of the rings and THE MATTRRRIXXXXXXX :biggrin:
The Millennium Trilogy😊
The Lord of the Rings. Best ever.
Reply 31
I don't think I've ever seen a film trilogy other than Christopher Nolan's 'Batman' soo.....
I think no.3 was the best, as I'm sure I'm the only person on the planet who would probably choose Bane over The Joker :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
****, shower and shave

godly experience :colone:
Reply 33
Original post by SkAlley
I don't think I've ever seen a film trilogy other than Christopher Nolan's 'Batman' soo.....
I think no.3 was the best, as I'm sure I'm the only person on the planet who would probably choose Bane over The Joker :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly you are not.

Because Bane was one of the worst things ever.
Reply 34
Is no one gonna say Toy Story?
Original post by Chlorophile
Not a massive film-fan, but I love Lord of the Rings.

I was just about to mention this. I love itttttttttttttttttttttttt. The last battle scene :clap2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Without a doubt it has to be The Lord of the Rings. Amazingggggggg :smile:
Reply 38
Toy Story, the original Star Wars, would've said Bourne but they felt the need to add a fourth which didn't contribute to the other three films at all.
Reply 39
Original post by lustawny
I agree, The Dark Knight was my favourite out of the trilogy, and it certainly ranks up there as one of the greatest films ever made. The Dark Knight Rises could have been a lot better, the only good thing in it was Anne Hathaway.

I found it so boring, so pretentious, lacking any coherent story, full of stupidness.

And well I guess. Couldn't make up for how bad the rest was.

Quick Reply

Latest