The Student Room Group

Help with my A levels?

Hi,

So basically I am stuck on my individual A level choices. Im doing politics, history, and maths, but I am unsure of my fourth choice. I will Probably choose spanish or economics but maybe english lit or italian. Im predicted straight A*s, and at university im stuck between choosing either history, law, something mathematical maybe? (I am doing an AS in further maths in my options time). Help!
Reply 1
Original post by The wave
Hi,

So basically I am stuck on my individual A level choices. Im doing politics, history, and maths, but I am unsure of my fourth choice. I will Probably choose spanish or economics but maybe english lit or italian. Im predicted straight A*s, and at university im stuck between choosing either history, law, something mathematical maybe? (I am doing an AS in further maths in my options time). Help!

I'd suggest Italian, to add breadth
Reply 2
I'd think very carefully about choosing languages - they are brilliant to have if you think you will do well, but they are very difficult if you are not a native speaker (possibly pretty hard even if you are!) and a big step up from GCSE. If you are motivated and are willing to put the work in then there is no problem, but think carefully!

Otherwise, English lit is a good choice, but it means you will have 3 quite writing-heavy subjects. If this is your fourth choice and you may drop it after AS, then it is maybe not so important as your top 3 - pick the one you think you will do the best in!

Quick Reply

Latest