The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it's not practical, but the best:

have a healthy breakfast - non sugary cereal or toast or something
have an earlyish (noon - 1) lunch as your main meal..try not to have too many carbs, but don't avoid them cos you'll need em when excersizing for energy, and get some meat in there if you can for protein
go for a run or even just a long walk (45 mins - 1 hour)
in the evening have something small an light. avoids carbs in the evening cos unless you burn them off, they'll be stored at fat
maybe fit in a few sit ups n that before you go to bed
billbonesknowswhatimean
it's not practical, but the best:

have a healthy breakfast - non sugary cereal or toast or something
have an earlyish (noon - 1) lunch as your main meal..try not to have too many carbs, but don't avoid them cos you'll need em when excersizing for energy, and get some meat in there if you can for protein
go for a run or even just a long walk (45 mins - 1 hour)
in the evening have something small an light. avoids carbs in the evening cos unless you burn them off, they'll be stored at fat
maybe fit in a few sit ups n that before you go to bed

I like your name. Libertines ftw! xD
To hear you say you are 5'6" and 9stone and you want to go on one meal a day is rather upsetting I am the same height as you and weigh over 2 stone more than you...but I am not fat....so you must be really skinny! Although they don't take boobs into account when weighing ya do they??? argh!

Don't ever go straight down to one meal a day unless that is what you are used to. I used to do that, because I was so busy I forgot to eat and it didn't do me any bad...but saying that, it was the period in my time I put a lot of weight ON! Like some above posters have said it has been proved that 5-6 small meals a day all including one carb is the best way to achieve your results.

As you probably know...it will be easy(ish) to eat 5-6 small meals a day especially if you eat breakfast as ... from my experience I get hungrier more often during the day when I have eaten breakfast because it stretches your stomach for more food! I never used to eat breakfast and I wont lie and say I do regularly now, but the days I do I feel 100% less lethargic and more full of life!!!
FeedTheGoat
I like your name. Libertines ftw! xD

lol cheers mate
Reply 44
why are ppl saying to eat 6 small meals - thats rubbish - eat 3 healthy meals every day and do regular exercise - if you dont like running do some other high intensity sport that you like - there must be something, for example tennis, football whatever. Personally I find tennis the most enjoyable, its strenous and does make you tired especially in this heat but I dont rly notice it that much as I am having fun. Running however makes me want to kill myself and just give up and that is not because it is more strenuous.
The idea with 6 small meals is that you keep your energy levels up all day rather than getting hungry in between meals and being tempted to snack on rubbish.
NEVER EVER EAT 1 MEAL A DAY! sorry just basically eat 3 meals a day BUT just eat fruit or vegetables. reason is that with 1 meal a day you lose vitamins and minerals and you r cell stake major dmage trhat MAY be irreversible. just eat 3 larg eportios of fruit. try hal f melon for lunch. a pineapple for dinner and maybe 2 apples for breakfast. maybe fit in some cucumbers n carrots. this way u get vitamins n no fat. also wiht one meal a day you dont lose weight you just get reli tired. it will have detriemntal health effects.
PLEASE don't crash diet. It's SO bad for you. Your body needs to get used to you eating the way you eat, you'll simply pile on the pounds instead and damage your stomach due to the over production of acid. PLEASE, eat sensibly, little but often.

You burn most of your food before one o'clock in the afternoon, so tend to eat major meals before then. Also light exercise will tone up them wobbly areas. Try checking out this table I've attached to help you see whats bad and whats good.

Just paste it into a spreadsheet.. And you'll be taking off the pounds in no time :smile:
Reply 48
anyone who loses weight from eating a diet of less than 1000 calories a day is almost guarranteed to put on the weight again. Only, the weight lost will be water/muscle, and the weight gained will be fat. So at the end of the day, you'll be less muscley and fatter.

But if you want to follow anonomous's advice, be my guest. don't expect to be healthy. Also, why do you think the guy/gal was anonomous when he/she posted it?
Reply 49
NEVER eat only 1 meal a day. You won't get the right nutrients that your body requires, and so you will harming yourself.
Also, your body may go into "starvation" mode, where it holds onto excess fat as long as possible, as it thinks that there is a food shortage, and is unsure about when the next meal may come.

If you want to lose weight safely and effectively, eat healthy foods in small portions regularly throughout the day. Always eat breakfast.
Reply 50
But if you want to follow anonomous's advice, be my guest. don't expect to be healthy. Also, why do you think the guy/gal was anonomous when he/she posted it?

If its about why I was anonymous, it's cos people would just be like urgh she's anorexic. I aint. I eat quite a lot. I just wanted some fast weight loss. To think I cuold ACTUALLY force myself to live on one meal a day was an extremely sontaneous load of crap coming from a full stomach of mine. The advice is good though, ta :smile:
Well one meal a day is very unhealthy, first off all if you dont eat then you can have headaches, etc and also if you dont eat the proper nutrients than for example if you have injuries or anything it will take longer ot heal and most importantly you will have no energy to do anything.

Also there is some rumours/theories that on-spot fat loss is a myth, it mean you cant just loose fat at a specific place in your body...On meal per day will loose you some weight but is it for a long term? I mean many had already done it and actually gain more weight after doing it thats becos after they think they loose the weight they tend to go back to the old routine

So the conclusion is that if you want something you need to do it gradually you cant just force it to happen and train hard but more importantly train smart...
Reply 52
Nah, original poster, i wasn't referring to you; i was referring to the person saying it will work. i respect why you might want to be anon.
aced
Nah, original poster, i wasn't referring to you; i was referring to the person saying it will work. i respect why you might want to be anon.

Im anonymous for exactly the same reason as the OP and if you'd been bothered to read my post properly i said about 3 times i dont advise it or think its healthy, i advise healthy eating. read things properly then criticize
Reply 54
do at least 2 i do it all the time

no wonder i never fatten, my doctor says im healthy lol.. i eat at 10am and 6pm, then i take a quick snack before i sleep and a snack at around teatime...
akash_a88
why are ppl saying to eat 6 small meals - thats rubbish - eat 3 healthy meals every day and do regular exercise - if you dont like running do some other high intensity sport that you like - ...

Its not rubbish. It helps weight loss, because it takes less time to break down the foods, and it keeps your metabolism up and constant rather than stop and start.
It also releases blood sugar at a more balanced level, which helps with mood swings.
It ALSO curbs hunger, often brought on from low blood sugar, and it stops binging.

So, its really not rubbish, and a hell of a lot better if you're trying to lose weight.
It may not be healthy, but it will work. For the last 5 weeks, I've been eating 5 small meals a day (in total about 700 calories a day), and I've lost a stone so far, 3 inches off my waist, and 5% body fat. As long as you have will power and don't binge, you can keep the weight off.
Anonymous
It may not be healthy, but it will work. For the last 5 weeks, I've been eating 5 small meals a day (in total about 700 calories a day), and I've lost a stone so far, 3 inches off my waist, and 5% body fat. As long as you have will power and don't binge, you can keep the weight off.

Eat more than 1200kcal. Seriously, your body is probably into starvation mode, so as soon as you eat more, you'll gain the weight back again.
Little and often is the key, but you do have to eat more than 1200kcal.
Simulatio
Eat more than 1200kcal. Seriously, your body is probably into starvation mode, so as soon as you eat more, you'll gain the weight back again.
Little and often is the key, but you do have to eat more than 1200kcal.

I'm not going to eat more. I eat so often (albeit low calorie meals and snacks) that I never feel hungry, never have the urge to binge and have plenty of energy. It's more a lifestyle choice than it is a diet tbh, but when I've reache dmy target weight I doubt I'll consume many more calories, probs about 1000 or whatever my body needs to maintain itself. The food I do it is healthy and balanced, and I'm getting 100%+ RDA of all my vitamins. Plus, I went for a checkup at my doctor's and my cholesterol is now the low end of the healthy range.
Reply 59
Anonymous
I'm not going to eat more. I eat so often (albeit low calorie meals and snacks) that I never feel hungry, never have the urge to binge and have plenty of energy. It's more a lifestyle choice than it is a diet tbh, but when I've reache dmy target weight I doubt I'll consume many more calories, probs about 1000 or whatever my body needs to maintain itself. The food I do it is healthy and balanced, and I'm getting 100%+ RDA of all my vitamins. Plus, I went for a checkup at my doctor's and my cholesterol is now the low end of the healthy range.

If it works for you; great. But if i did it, my body would deteriate. I think you would improve your standard of living if you had 1700 calories a day.

Latest

Trending

Trending