The Student Room Group

3 AS-Levels instead of 4? Disadvantage?

Hi

I am currently struggling with psychology at AS and do not see myself achieving higher than a C in it by the end of the course. My other 3 are history, government and politics and philosophy. I am considering dropping psychology to give more time to these 3, in which I am currently getting A'S-C'S in.

My question is: Will having 3 AS's instead of 4 put me at a disadvantage when applying for uni? I plan to get into the top 15.

Thanks
if you continue with those 3 to A2 and are confident in achieving highly, then you should be alright. although you should consider that since you're only doing 3, universities will be looking at extremely good results in them as you have more time to do them. but at the end of the day they make their offer on 3 full a-levels so~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Not at all really. I only did 3 after sucking at biology at AS. I suggest looking into EPQ though as an alternative. It's regarded as an AS but you can get upto an A* in it. Really really respected by universities.
Reply 3
The only thing I'd be careful of is restricting yourself too soon. If you drop psychology now, then you have no choice for next year, but if you're certain, then you shouldn't restrict yourself by doing 4 and doing ok in them all instead of amazing in three. -Last year I tried starting with 5!!! But, like you're thinking of doing, I dropped psychology. I kinda wish I'd kept it as I found it fascinating!

Quick Reply

Latest