The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sithius
That would include the removal of me as I wear caps and hoodies etc... yeah that makes me a chav according to wiki. :rolleyes:

Piece of generalising crap.

Well, if you look like one, you can't blame people for being wary. Doesn't mean you are a chav, but to everyone else there is a chance that you might be; they will assume the worst just in case.
Chavs and illegal immigrants are a danger to our society, the removal of them would very much benefit those who actually respect the law. Both illegal immigrants and chavs cause many problems. Statistics show that 1/8 of the people in prision are illegal immigrants, for a variation of crimes including murder and rape, whilist chavs also take a big proportion of prision places as well. Imagine how much the tax payer could be saving if we were to remove them from our country given that £30,000 (i believe) is the cost to keeping each prisioner alive (and for what).
Thaiprawns
Chavs and illegal immigrants are a danger to our society, the removal of them would very much benefit those who actually respect the law. Both illegal immigrants and chavs cause many problems. Statistics show that 1/8 of the people in prision are illegal immigrants, for a variation of crimes including murder and rape, whilist chavs also take a big proportion of prision places as well. Imagine how much the tax payer could be saving if we were to remove them from our country given that £30,000 (i believe) is the cost to keeping each prisioner alive (and for what).

In theory, you are spot on, but i am afraid it cant be practiced that crudely as you describe it to be. Also cant an illegal immigrant be a chav?:confused: I am confused; enlighten me if you may.
Reply 163
City bound
Well, if you look like one, you can't blame people for being wary. Doesn't mean you are a chav, but to everyone else there is a chance that you might be; they will assume the worst just in case.

lol lol... not my problem if aload of people are prejudice arseholes. Just tells me who to avoid tbh.

Doesn't matter, I still had an emo girl flirting with me the other day so...
To be honest this board is fundamentally flawed because theTSR is full of individuals who are from largely diverse socio economic groups, general backgrounds and areas and cities in the UK. I know that where i live (east manchester) has a very high violent crime rate and is pretty much a chav dominated area. An individual who lives in the centre of oxford will have no idea what a chav is in my eyes because they havent lived with me in east manchester where you can see your typical violent scummy manchester chavs every weekend, and know just how bad and scummy these tw*ts can be.

So the removal of a socially labelled group such as a 'chav' is an unlikely concept as each area has its own idea of what it is to be a chav and what a typical chav does.
chavs are a social construction
Exactly. Define a chav. If they are criminals, it would make britain a safer place, though some group or social construct will take their place soon enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending