The Student Room Group

Anyone used British Watch Company and The Watch hut?

Thinking of getting a watch. British Watch Company sells same watches as The Watch Hut for a much cheaper price. We're talking about £40 approx discount for most watches compared to The Watch Hut. Both claim to be authentic brand sellers. Are they both legit? Don't want to buy a fake brand watch.
I know The Watch Hut is legit as i've bought from there.
Just don't buy from watchshop - a-holes :wink:
Reply 3
Found out The Watch Hut do price match. I tried phoning up to haggle bu they said the watch in question is marked out of stock on the British Watch Company so they can't make me any offers.:angry:

That's because I ordered the last watch in stock! I cancelled my order with British Watch Company and now it's showing as in stock again lol. British Watch Company is also somewhat dodgy. They sent me an email saying the watch has been dispatched. When I phoned up... that's approx 4hrs after that email's been sent, I managed to cancel the order since it hasn't been dispatched yet.

The Watch Hut store is within travelling distance for me so it's a lot easier if there's any problems with the watch.

Anyone know the best method to maintain a watch? I want it to remain shiny, clean, scratch resistant. Is there some sort of oil I can buy or will I need to bring the watch in store to let them work on it, for a fee?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
That is standard practise for most online retailers, I always get order dispatched notifications early in the day, it just means it has been packed and is ready to be put on the delivery van. They probably just removed it from the delivery pile when you cancelled it. I have ordered from both British Watch Company and Watches2u and never had any issues, products were as advertised. I always check the manufacturers site, they usually display official online and offline companys.
Reply 5
Depends how much your going to spend, if its a few grand I would feel safer buying from a shop than taking a risk online for £40 less
Original post by fleesaurus
Thinking of getting a watch. British Watch Company sells same watches as The Watch Hut for a much cheaper price. We're talking about £40 approx discount for most watches compared to The Watch Hut. Both claim to be authentic brand sellers. Are they both legit? Don't want to buy a fake brand watch.

I bought one Fossil watch and I was afraid too, to get fake watch. It is much cheaper then in Croatia. I ordered it and I got it 4 days after and I'm so so happy with it. Leather bracelet and watch is water resistant. Sorryfor my very bad English ha ha :smile:
Original post by fleesaurus

I ordered last month. The watch strap bar screw was broken, so the watch strap is not fixed to the watch.
I've never worn the watch, so it is not wear and tear. Luckily I wanted to change the straps, otherwise I would not have noticed the problem and it would just have fallen off my wrist.
Customer services refuses to help and denies any responsibility.
Extremely poor service, do not buy.

Quick Reply

Latest