The Student Room Group

Which Uni's to pick for A+F/Banking??

So I've applied for A+F at Bath, Exeter and Birmingham, Banking Finance and Management at Loughborough and Finance at Durham.
All the uni's have offered me a place: AAA at Bath and Exeter. AAB at the other 3.
Birmingham uni is not one that i want to go to, so the other 4 are the potential uni's. So my question is, which uni do you think i should firm and have as insurance? I understand that in the end it is up to me but i just wanted other people's opinions.
I think that achieving AAB at A2 is the realistic target for me so that may be worth bearing in mind.
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
I'm in a similar boat but bare with me
Well by the complete university guide - Bath is top dog at the mo.
Durham offers an MSC with placement (5 years) which means you won't have to pay 10k extra out of your own pocket for a masters. so that's pretty sweet
I considered Loughborough but I decided for nottingham instead - loughborough's supposedly a very sporty uni so keep that in mind.
Why did you pick 5 unis that all had similar grade boundaries??? if you by chance mess up by accident then you're gonna have a big problem
Reply 3
Original post by dasul
I'm in a similar boat but bare with me
Well by the complete university guide - Bath is top dog at the mo.
Durham offers an MSC with placement (5 years) which means you won't have to pay 10k extra out of your own pocket for a masters. so that's pretty sweet
I considered Loughborough but I decided for nottingham instead - loughborough's supposedly a very sporty uni so keep that in mind.
Why did you pick 5 unis that all had similar grade boundaries??? if you by chance mess up by accident then you're gonna have a big problem

Ok thanks, I picked uni's with similar grade boundaries because there was not really any other uni that I liked and you would struggle to get grade boundaries much lower than those at a respectable uni...
Reply 4
well there are plenty of respectable uni's it seems you've just gone mad and selected the 5 best ones; the best I found for lower ones was kent - had a good level for accountancy - (ABB)
and heriot watt - its not great for accounting - its top in scotland but that isn't saying much, but its really good for other subjects meaning it'll have good facilities so i won't hate my time there if i do end up going (BBB)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending