The Student Room Group

Can I firm a choice without picking my insurance?

I'm certain on my first choice but am deciding between my 2nd/3rd, so can I firm to let the university know as soon as possible, or do both decisions need to be made at the same time?
Both choices need to be made at the same time.

However, it should be noted that you have until May to make these decisions, and there is no benefit in rushing things.
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Both choices need to be made at the same time.

However, it should be noted that you have until May to make these decisions, and there is no benefit in rushing things.

Are there no benefits to firming early, like applying for accommodation before most other people etc.?
Original post by TSR561
Are there no benefits to firming early, like applying for accommodation before most other people etc.?

It depends on the uni, but getting slightly nicer accommodation is a crap trade off if it means that you choose the wrong university. You're going to be at the university for three years, but in halls for one year.

Check when the deadline for applying for accommodation is at your unis, but it's unlikely to be before May (check though!)
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
It depends on the uni, but getting slightly nicer accommodation is a crap trade off if it means that you choose the wrong university. You're going to be at the university for three years, but in halls for one year.

Check when the deadline for applying for accommodation is at your unis, but it's unlikely to be before May (check though!)

Ah yeah, of course uni accommodation is specific to the uni :rolleyes:. Yeah, I'm in no means trying to rush through it, it's just that I've been dead set on my first choice for a couple of months now, whereas I'm torn on my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending