The Student Room Group

Want to change my date of entry in UCAS even though I have recieved offers

In my UCAS application which I started in September last year, I put entry for university in 2023 however due to some problems with my immigration paperwork that have just come to light, I want to change it from 2023 to 2024, however, I have received all my 5 offers. I need a year out so that I can fix whatever is wrong as currently I am classed as an international student. I have contacted the universities I want to go to regarding this issue however I need to finalize my choices through UCAS. Is there any way I can change it??
Reply 1
Email the Uni Admissions office and ask.

Its normally very straightforward and rare for any Uni to say no at the stage.

It doesnt matter which order you pick a Firm choice or defer to 2024.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Email the Uni Admissions office and ask.

Its normally very straightforward and rare for any Uni to say no at the stage.

It doesnt matter which order you pick a Firm choice or defer to 2024.

I've done that just now but I'm kind of worried that I did this a bit too late because the deadline for choosing a uni is on 8th June or in 10 days and I'm not even sure if they will get back to me
Reply 3
Original post by h100__
I've done that just now but I'm kind of worried that I did this a bit too late because the deadline for choosing a uni is on 8th June or in 10 days and I'm not even sure if they will get back to me

You can still change your start year after you have made your Firm or Insurance choice at that Uni.
The 8 June deadline does not apply to 'change of year' decisions.
Reply 4
Wait so you're saying if I choose my uni through ucas right now, I can have an option to change it from 2023 to 2024?
Reply 5
Original post by h100__
Wait so you're saying if I choose my uni through ucas right now, I can have an option to change it from 2023 to 2024?

If the Uni are going to say Yes if doesnt matter when you defer.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
If the Uni are going to say Yes if doesnt matter when you defer.

Ahh thats the thing, I've just emailed them and they haven't got back yet. I haven't even done my student finance because of this issue.
Original post by h100__
Ahh thats the thing, I've just emailed them and they haven't got back yet. I haven't even done my student finance because of this issue.

That’s irrelevant.

pick your firm and insurance on UCAS next week regardless of whether they have confirmed that they’ll amend your offer to 2024 entry.

you can still swap your replies after you pick firm/insurance if one or other universities refuse to defer your offer (unlikely) but if you don’t reply to your offers on time then ucas will decline them all for you on June 8
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
That’s irrelevant.

pick your firm and insurance on UCAS next week regardless of whether they have confirmed that they’ll amend your offer to 2024 entry.

you can still swap your replies after you pick firm/insurance if one or other universities refuse to defer your offer (unlikely) but if you don’t reply to your offers on time then ucas will decline them all for you on June 8

thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending