The Student Room Group

Do I need to contact UCAS?

Hey there :smile:

I've recently been accepted to change my university course, so obviously the course shown on Track is no longer the course I'll hopefully be studying in September. Do I need to ring UCAS to tell them this or will the university let them know?

Oh and is there a way of changing my course on Student Finance or will the above situation apply to this too?

Many thanks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I don't know about UCAS but I assume not.

You will need to on your student finance. You'll have to log on and change it. I thought you just leave it and it changes, but fortunately I changed mine a few days before I started lol.
Reply 2
I would phone the university up first and check if they'll handle it, otherwise contact UCAS/SFE :smile:
Original post by Ggmu!
I don't know about UCAS but I assume not.

You will need to on your student finance. You'll have to log on and change it. I thought you just leave it and it changes, but fortunately I changed mine a few days before I started lol.

Original post by TSR561
I would phone the university up first and check if they'll handle it, otherwise contact UCAS/SFE :smile:

Thank you both very much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Lucy96
Thank you both very much :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You were trying to change some kind of anthro course, right? Glad you got it changed :biggrin:
Original post by TSR561
You were trying to change some kind of anthro course, right? Glad you got it changed :biggrin:

Correct :biggrin: thank you, as am I :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a similar thing when i applied for uni last year.

Best thing to do is phone UCAS and speak to them directly to change your course on track.

Student finance should change automatically as they need confirmation from UCAS anyway before they can give you your loan/grants. and If it doesn't change Phone Student Finance directly as well.
You can't change you course on their website manually you have to contact them. They can sometimes do it over the phone for you and if they can't change the course on their end then they will ask you to reapply but they will send out a paper application form to you with the section marked on that you need to fill in for them, the unmarked sectioned they will take from your old application.

I wouldn't worry to much about it as long as you make them aware before Easter time as that's when there is a big rush of applications so It will take them some time to get back to you if you wait.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
UCAS can't change it. The unis will change it when (if) they give you an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gamebreakers
I had a similar thing when i applied for uni last year.

Best thing to do is phone UCAS and speak to them directly to change your course on track.

Student finance should change automatically as they need confirmation from UCAS anyway before they can give you your loan/grants. and If it doesn't change Phone Student Finance directly as well.
You can't change you course on their website manually you have to contact them. They can sometimes do it over the phone for you and if they can't change the course on their end then they will ask you to reapply but they will send out a paper application form to you with the section marked on that you need to fill in for them, the unmarked sectioned they will take from your old application.

I wouldn't worry to much about it as long as you make them aware before Easter time as that's when there is a big rush of applications so It will take them some time to get back to you if you wait.

Thank you very much, that was very helpful :biggrin: much appreciated!
Original post by Juno
UCAS can't change it. The unis will change it when (if) they give you an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They gave me the offer on Monday so I'm probably just being impatient. Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending