The Student Room Group

PRTC 15th April

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yea I'll probably do it. But it'll cost me £200 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have my PRTC training on the 15th and my basic training is in July! Are you going in RAF Halton? I'm travelling from the South West.
Reply 22
I'm another who has got their PRTC on the 15th April with a potential start date in July. I have applied for avionics.
Reply 23
Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted back for a while, I have been really busy with college. Yeah I'm going to RAF Halton too, and I think that the basic training date was possibly the 9th July but I'm not 100% sure
Reply 24
[QUOTE="gww95;46522065"]
Original post by jebbadiah
Aerospace systems operator. They rang me same day, I've got my prtc in June tho.

I'm going for ASOP as well and have been told that my start date for basic training is 14th June but they are yet to give me a date for prtc. I'm a bit confused at the moment I just want to get my dates set in stone

I'm also going ASOP and was given the date for the 11th june but because of lack of applicants they had to push us back to september, well that what i was told a month back but they still haven't given me my Prtc date but i'm assuming all of ours will be the same so they can fit us in all together :smile:
Reply 25
Have you given your AFCO a ring? I'm guessin it'll be around the same time as mine. Where you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by jebbadiah
Have you given your AFCO a ring? I'm guessin it'll be around the same time as mine. Where you travelling from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been ringing them for the past week but I think they must be out of office because they haven't picked up once but going to keep on trying. Yeah I guessed it would be as they like to put the same trades through at the same time and from Grantham near Nottingham what about you?
Reply 27
Guess major point if like to make. Practise that bleep test. You'd like to think it's easy as it's only 9.10. I can assure you it is not easy. Having just got back of PRTC I know the fitness standards required. Of the 90 people that started the course. 15 people failed the fitness test. That's over 10% and they got a real telling off my OC at Halton. Also the sit ups and press ups have to be 100% perfect form. I did 45 but they only counted 35 backs my elbows did not touch the top of my knees. Even the lads that did the mile and half sub 10 minutes struggled like hell on the bleep test and nobody said I was easy! Keep up your fitness

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I'll be travellin down for Manchester. Did they stop you once you reach 9.10? Or just see how far you can go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
They stop you at 9.10 but if you don't make the line from 9.9 to 9.10 that's a failure and you get sent home. You don't want that, as your application will be shut down!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Eibbbaaa
I've been ringing them for the past week but I think they must be out of office because they haven't picked up once but going to keep on trying. Yeah I guessed it would be as they like to put the same trades through at the same time and from Grantham near Nottingham what about you?

I traveled from Boston. The Grantham train station is a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Haha I'll keep and eye out for you guys around June time then. I'll be a week away from grad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
It's not that bad...
The fitness test isn't hard, as long as you are actually fit and not just someone who likes to think they are. But like Rhys said they are pretty strict with form on the pressups and situps.

As for the guy not getting a response from Nottingham AFCO, I had a call today regarding my interview and the Corporal told me they are in a temporary location at the moment so try emailing them and they should ring you when they're free. You'd think they would redirect the calls but you never know.
Reply 34
Original post by 123lhumphrey
The fitness test isn't hard, as long as you are actually fit and not just someone who likes to think they are. But like Rhys said they are pretty strict with form on the pressups and situps.

As for the guy not getting a response from Nottingham AFCO, I had a call today regarding my interview and the Corporal told me they are in a temporary location at the moment so try emailing them and they should ring you when they're free. You'd think they would redirect the calls but you never know.

What stage you at mate? And yeah I suppose I struggled maybe I'm not as fit as i thought but I pulled through. I kept telling my self If I failed I had to go home and tell my mum I had failed and that kept me going 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you mentioned before we were on the same PRTC. I've got my final interview on the 28th and start on the 23rd April. Don't get me wrong, I was breathing pretty hard after the bleep test but as long as you pit the graft in before hand it's not really anything to worry yourself about. I think I built it up in my mind to be much harder than it was.
Reply 36
Oh I think I remember you now as there was only like 2-3 of you on the 23rd! My interview is on the 19th! Starting on the 9th April :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've also got April 15th as PRTC, July 9th is the possible start date. Also going for avionics tech.
Anybody know how many intakes per year there are at Cosford?
Just thinking if there aren't that many then I'm going to be holding at Halton for quite a while.
Reply 39
Yeah but SATTs isn't that bad. I group of them just went to Belgium for a week. Paid for by the raf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest