The Student Room Group

How many girls are in you A-Level/Higher Physics class ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
0 girls in a class of 8

A2 Physics

Last year we had 20 of us and had 0 girls..

I'm going to study Physics in uni too.. I don't want a repeat of these two years with no girls :cry:
We've got 4 in a class of roughly 18 I think, maybe less. The year above us had 1 girl in a class of 9 ish. From what I've heard, most unis aim for a 1:4 ratio but I think Manchester manages 1:1. The worst I've heard of was 1:20 but I can't remember which uni, definitely haven't applied there though.
I don't do physics I will do it next year but I can talk about the girls in my mechanics class. there are 2 girls and around 15 boys. it always makes me soo happy to go to biology where there are at least 10 girls out of 23 students.
Reply 23
12 girls and 12 boys
but when you consider 70% of the sixth form is girls thats not as good
I don't do Physics but a lot of my female friends at college do so I'm guessing quite a lot.

My Economics class has 3 girls out of 19 though
Original post by DashStrike
:O That's un-usual. :')

All girls' school :wink: That said, about 20% took it for AS in my year, and about 10% for A2.
Reply 27
Doing A2 physics, 10 boys, no girls
Reply 28
Original post by Origami Bullets
All girls' school :wink: That said, about 20% took it for AS in my year, and about 10% for A2.

Fair enough. To be honest, physics makes me want to cry sometimes :'( I don't understand it and that makes me hate it! :banghead:
3 girls in a class of 19.
About 1 in a class of 17. But there's like 5 out of the 30-odd people doing Higher Physics.
Girls don't like physics (or maths) generally and imo because they cannot think critically enough. Their emotions cloud their thinking. They cannot reason out cause and effects when there's no emotions or morals at play. They are too descriptive and too inexact. Physics is not for them.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk
there's none at my college in a class of about 14
I think there are around 12 girls and 8 boys in my AS class...
I do AS and there are 3 including me :smile:
Original post by lilangel217
Those of you that are taking A-Level or Higher Physics, I'm just curious as to how many girls are in your class in total ?

Because I know it's generally considered a boys' subject.

We're 5 girls in a class of 19.

Hi,I'm taking it for alevels too!Is physics at ALevel easy?
I was the only girl in my Physics A-Level Class. I fainted during the bit on medical physics as well.

Just doing my bit to stamp out gender stereotypes one day at a time.
It's an all girls school, there's around 20 in my class:smile:
Reply 38
0 girls in a class of 3.

Mind you, not many girls went on to do A-level sciences. We had several in our Chemistry class but those dwindled throughout AS and now there is 1 girl doing Chemistry in a class of 4. Biology was very much the same. Although i didn't take Biology, i am only aware of 1 girl taking it (the same that does Chemistry).

Sadly, most girls in our sixth form went down the humanitarian route.
Reply 39
9 in my A2 class, but again that's at an all girls school. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest