The Student Room Group

Volunteer at TSR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by She-Ra
Hello there!

Don't worry! For some of the roles we have only asked you to register your interest so that we can PM you directly with an application form at a later date :smile:

Okay thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Aside from the social aspect it's really helped me with applying to jobs, and even given me great things to talk about when applying for postgrad study!

I can't stress this enough! It's been a really useful addition to my CV and a talking point in interviews. The social aspect is ok too, I suppose. :wink:

Whilst I'm here, just before this opportunity was made by CT, we set up two announcements up through our traditional nomination/self-nominations method! Any of you reading this thread may be interested in these?

Mod Nominations/Applications for the Debate & Current Affairs forum
Mod Nominations/Applications for the Advice on Everyday Issues Forum
Original post by Anonymous 14
Think I made an account in October.

Will 4/5 months do???

The minimum date only apply to mods.
You can apply whenever
Reply 43
Might be worth putting the 18+ thing in the moderator section of the volunteering page:smile:
Original post by mccrae01
Might be worth putting the 18+ thing in the moderator section of the volunteering page:smile:

I agree, we'll do that tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Interested in being useful. Not sure how.

:ditto:
I'm already in the welcome squad but I've also just applied for the article writing. I have time, I can do both. I like welcoming and I like writing :smile:

edited to add : oh, we can only do one? I didn't see that we can only do one. That's a shame :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I'm already in the welcome squad but I've also just applied for the article writing. I have time, I can do both. I like welcoming and I like writing :smile:

edited to add : oh, we can only do one? I didn't see that we can only do one. That's a shame :frown:

Where does it say that? :holmes:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Where does it say that? :holmes:

I have no idea. sophieleannexo said it on this thread - post 33 :

Original post by sophieleannexo
Hi, I applied for the peer support. It just asked me for my username and then said you'd be in touch. Is it supposed to do that? Oh and it's a pity you can only do one! I'm interested in all of them!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assumed she had read it somewhere.
Reply 49
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Applied for peer support. Considering I have bipolar myself, I'd love to help those who are going through very dark times

But you already volunteer.... :tongue:

You are TSR's boobologist right?

It's not in the OP, or on the page linked to there, and not something I've heard :dontknow: As far as I'm aware there's nothing stopping you applying to do more than one.
It's not in the OP, or on the page linked to there, and not something I've heard :dontknow: As far as I'm aware there's nothing stopping you applying to do more than one.

Oh good. Perhaps she's mistaken then. Ah well I'd like to do both so fingers crossed :smile:

Oh good. Perhaps she's mistaken then. Ah well I'd like to do both so fingers crossed :smile:

I'm guessing that it's because the pages all refer to a Survey Monkey survey, which by nature will remember when you've already submitted the form and not allow resubmissions.
She-Ra
x
shooks
x

TSR's built-in form functionality would be an alternative, which wouldn't have this restriction. :smile:
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Would be interested in the study help one, but I'd have to see what it would entail first and more importantly who was in control of it :h:

I'm surprised you haven't shown any interest in the modding positions >_>

I didn't get the option to do more than one when I signed up to volunteer. I tweeted the student room & they said when they PM us we can specify what we want to apply for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Illusionary
I'm guessing that it's because the pages all refer to a Survey Monkey survey, which by nature will remember when you've already submitted the form and not allow resubmissions.

TSR's built-in form functionality would be an alternative, which wouldn't have this restriction. :smile:

I am mistaken. I was on my phone when I replied & it was a survey monkey survey. That's why I could only apply to one because it remembered me. Sorry for confusion, someone else had the same problem as me too, wasn't just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and I'm too lazy to trawl through the previous comments but I appear to be getting the "apply to be a mod" form irregardless of what position I choose.
Original post by keromedic
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and I'm too lazy to trawl through the previous comments but I appear to be getting the "apply to be a mod" form irregardless of what position I choose.

It's all part of the same form (hence the issue above); if you click on the "back" button and change your response to the first question you should see the others. :smile:
I'd be interested in the study help one when it opens, although I'm already on the welcome squad so if we can't do more than one then obviously won't be able to :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illusionary
It's all part of the same form (hence the issue above); if you click on the "back" button and change your response to the first question you should see the others. :smile:

Oh thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending