The Student Room Group

Revision (sigh) :)

GCSE's in 2 months time.
Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get the best grade and revise ..
My targets are A's and i want to achieve an A or even A*and i have 20 Exams .... !
Reply 1
past exam paper
Reply 2
to get the best grade, u must get A*. ur welcum
Reply 3
Revision. ..

I throught it was obvious.
I know revision is the answer :biggrin:
I was asking if anybody has any good techniques and methods for revising. As I always tend to write notes and revision cards and do timmed past papers in exam conditions
Was looking for some other suggestions :wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Pamda Bear 4424
I know revision is the answer :biggrin:
I was asking if anybody has any good techniques and methods for revising. As I always tend to write notes and revision cards and do timmed past papers in exam conditions
Was looking for some other suggestions :wink:

Well I (My opinion here) think it's important to vary your revision mediums year on year (So same basic revision technique that works but written on different mediums). Basically last year I revised for my AS-Levels with flash card and notes for january modules and then with page A4 notes for the summer. This year for summer A2 exams I have got A3 Art pads and i'm spacing out revision notes loads which helps me picture the page in the exam (I suppose a little eidetic memory?). People have different techniques such as spider diagrams or plain notes but test them all NOW to see what works for summer.

I think you should change the medium so that you click, memory wise, to that exact revision page. Try flash cards and other ways, you may find that good.
I had like 20 exams including 5 A Level exams with no real revision for GCSEs, so you could easily revise the week before each and get straight A*s!

Quick Reply

Latest