The Student Room Group

Cramming the day before a test

Any advice? I.e how do I stay awake.

Scroll to see replies

Coffee. Stay focuse on the task. Do not take breaks or lie down on the bed.
Reply 2
Original post by NoRJoke112233
Coffee. Stay focuse on the task. Do not take breaks or lie down on the bed.

Thanks!
Original post by JeniusJeni
Thanks!

Nw. It's the little distractions that get ya. I used this to prevent myself from dozing off when studying for my GCSEs. Keep in mind, there is backlash to doing this. I felt sick for about a week after.
Reply 4
Revise in a variety of ways so it's not so boring - watch tutorials, read notes, answer questions. Give yourself timed breaks every hour or two. Keep distractions out of sight. Go to bed early the night before so you are not already tired on your day of cramming. Go to bed early again the night of the test so you are not tired the day of the test.
Reply 5
Original post by JackSan123
Revise in a variety of ways so it's not so boring - watch tutorials, read notes, answer questions. Give yourself timed breaks every hour or two. Keep distractions out of sight. Go to bed early the night before so you are not already tired on your day of cramming. Go to bed early again the night of the test so you are not tired the day of the test.

Thanks.
Reply 6

Nw. It's the little distractions that get ya. I used this to prevent myself from dozing off when studying for my GCSEs. Keep in mind, there is backlash to doing this. I felt sick for about a week after.

Just finished my yr12 mocks. May I ask what caused you to be sick a week after? :smile:
Just finished my yr12 mocks. May I ask what caused you to be sick a week after? :smile:

I stayed up until around 3 or 4 studying most nights. This was for around a year? I got decent grades at the end, so I guess it was worth it. However, I was extremely burnt out over the summer holidays, could barely get out of bed, still sometimes find it tough now.

I also recently stayed up two nights in a row and nearly fell asleep while walking down the stairs so don't do that either.

Uh yh, probably said too much unrelated stuff. Just don't push yourself too hard

How did they go btw?
Reply 9
I stayed up until around 3 or 4 studying most nights. This was for around a year? I got decent grades at the end, so I guess it was worth it. However, I was extremely burnt out over the summer holidays, could barely get out of bed, still sometimes find it tough now.

I also recently stayed up two nights in a row and nearly fell asleep while walking down the stairs so don't do that either.

Uh yh, probably said too much unrelated stuff. Just don't push yourself too hard

Actually, it is not completely unrelated. I recently stayed up 3-4 nights in total for mocks, so yeah thanks for the word of advice. Man. I'm never doing that again. I think I can feel the aftereffects.Lol, don't worry, I'm never gonna push myself too hard after what I've heard from you..l feel sleepy right now sooo yeah good night :smile:
Reply 10
How did they go btw?

Well I'm sure I passed for pyschology. I can't say the same for maths and further maths. The mocks were fun though, next time I've got to actually revise lol
Reply 11
If you want to cram everything you can do it in one night. Just do the mock tests over and over. The questions will stick with you after a while. The questions are similar when it comes to the theory test. If you are not sure about something just briefly look at the app and have a read about it.
Reply 12
Original post by Faultybot
If you want to cram everything you can do it in one night. Just do the mock tests over and over. The questions will stick with you after a while. The questions are similar when it comes to the theory test. If you are not sure about something just briefly look at the app and have a read about it.

Thanks!
Reply 13
When is your theory?
Reply 14
When is your theory?

Do you mean my test? I've finished them yesterday
Reply 15
Do you mean my test? I've finished them yesterday

Yes.
Reply 16
Yes.

Why do you ask? :smile:
Reply 17
Why do you ask? :smile:

Wondering, what sort of time you giving yourself to get it all done
Reply 18

Wondering, what sort of time you giving yourself to get it all done

I mean I was revising the night before the test, although I did a bit of work the days before, it wasn't enough. Sigh. Lol. I shouldn't be this unproductive.
Reply 19
how many did you get right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending