The Student Room Group

ITT we list wife material traits in a woman

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Basically, within people who read a lot and aren't particularly socialized by recent media, women want someone like James Bond / Sharpe and men want a sweet and submissive au pair who wears some dirndl like costume and bakes cakes. But it's 2013 and people aren't like that in England, so everyone like this is miserable.
Original post by P357
only thy mighty hand shall be thy worthy companion.
seriously dude-no such thing.

Mute maybe?
Original post by DOM Alpha Badboy
> Conservative

> From Eastern Europe

> Not a feminist

> Tall so we produce tall offspring

> Can cook

> Has a well-paid job

> Isn't obsessed with social media

> Doesn't listen to rap/pop/dance/mainstream music

What an odd way of saying you want tall children. Offspring. Produce. They're very cold, detached words.

What do you define as mainstream?
Original post by yosolo123

You what?

Eva Braun was a brown-eyed brunette. Try again though.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Those are enormous breasts with testicle sized nipples

Aha, I understand now. :yay:
Reply 85
Original post by Ripper-Roo
polite seems one to one, rather than one with one, like cooperative relationship where you receive and give.

being polite is hardly the same as being submissive.
Original post by redferry
I am so shocked you listed a job.

I'm not. Economic need, now women all have jobs it's not helped with things like house prices. Men don't want to work themselves into an early grave subsidising a stay-at-home wife any more. And if she's going to have a job it might as well be a fancy well paid stable one because then she won't be all exhausted, racked with worry and prematurely aging.

I would still say men want to earn more than their wives though.
Reply 88
- Thin
- Not boring and has interests
- Doesn't believe in gender roles
- Doesn't spend every night completely hammered at the club
- Pretty face
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 89
The problem with this thread, just like all the other threads that talk about "Husband traits" is that people merely dedicate their time to listing traits that more likely than not, they aren't going to find in one person. Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and preferences, but for example when you more than one of you list "not a feminist", you are automatically canceling out so many women that identify as feminists and believing in equal rights/opportunities but are not going to sit and bitch about the patriarchy non-stop. Dictionary definition of feminism: "the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." not, "misandrist women who believe women should be superior and constantly complain about the world." If everyone could make differentiations about these things, you could possibly find your "dream wife". But you make yourselves sound like you are so picky and limited to one kind of woman, when in reality you are all probably very nice and could perfectly love someone who doesn't fit your ideal. So try sound a little more open-minded than you do on here.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by pink pineapple
being polite is hardly the same as being submissive.

Being overly/sickly polite is
Original post by SR80
Basically, within people who read a lot and aren't particularly socialized by recent media, women want someone like James Bond / Sharpe and men want a sweet and submissive au pair who wears some dirndl like costume and bakes cakes. But it's 2013 and people aren't like that in England, so everyone like this is miserable.

Haha, James Bond and Sharpe? Have these women read Anne of Green Gables? It's all about Gilbert Blythe. :lol:

But yeah, unrealistic expectations based on fictional characters. Combined with an awareness that people aren't fictional characters so you just sit there waiting for their major flaw. Not so endearing off the page. Girls don't really want a Rochester. And definitely no Heathcliffs. Never Heathcliff.
Reply 92
Original post by Some random guy
Mute maybe?

sign-language.
Reply 93
Original post by 2ndClass
The major things that I find attractive would be:
+ Traditionally feminine
+ Kind and loving
+ Family orientated
+ Not a feminist
+ Can dress herself well (i.e. wears dresses, heels. not just jeans and leggings all the time)
+ Has manners and is courteous
+ Is good with children
+ Slightly clingy is weirdly endearing (I like taking care of people)

The major turn-offs are:
- Smoking
- Always on their phone
- Obsessed with facebook, twitter, instagram and other vapid social networks
- Dresses inappropriately
- Skinnyfat physique (usually the result of too much drinking and high fat/sugar diets and no exercise, yuck)
- Swears
- Gossips
-Tattoos

credit to shiggydiggy for this list

yes, all of this. however its weird that i dont want the perfect woman being tatted but i would at some point like to get a half sleeve done. covering some of my pec.
Reply 94
Smokes with me
Values having a healthy body for her husband
Conservative values and a progressive mindset, which is easily possible
Manners, class and elegance
As savvy on Indian culture as myself if not more
Doesn't care much for a drink
Modest
Quality conversationalist, doesn't talk unless needed
Doesn't need a joke explained to her, ever
Complete lack of clinginess
Interested in the sophisticated things in life, not simple minded
Doesn't care about make up or appearance all the time
Feminine behaviour
Shortish
Dark
Long, pure black hair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
mimi
Reply 96
Know how to make a round roti
Know how to make Curry
Has to be a women with working organs

Pretty Much It :colondollar:
Reply 97
Original post by Kutta
Know how to make a round roti
Know how to make Curry
Has to be a women with working organs

Pretty Much It :colondollar:

Hahaha I really hope my future wife can make round roti's. I don't know what I'll do in life if she couldn't :frown:. I'm so used to them.

Only women can make good roti's.

Btw use brown flour, tastier and healthier than white. And tesco atta is wack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2ndClass
The major things that I find attractive would be:
+ Traditionally feminine
+ Family orientated
+ Not a feminist

credit to shiggydiggy for this list

In relation to these 3 points, would you not want your future girlfriend/wife to work if you had children together?
I want her to be slightly badly behaved, clingly but extremely strong willed and dominant too

I can't describe it :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest