The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Meltdown Thread 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stalin
I can't see them crumbling after comfortably beating their rivals 3-0 away from home, whilst we have to endure more of the Giroud-Arteta Show.

Fancy a swap for Cleverley and Valencia?
Original post by sr90

I'd rather have someone who seemingly didn't care that he was only playing with one eye, than someone whose main priority is his hair.

You can keep Craperley, though.
Original post by Stalin
I'd rather have someone who seemingly didn't care that he was only playing with one eye, than someone whose main priority is his hair.

You can keep Craperley, though.

Valencia showed passion there. He's my don lol.
Valencia was a beast in that game, the amount of knocks he took lol.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
I don't think you should make a solid statement like that...

Although I agree - arsenal always get top 4, and they most likely will do, but you really should turn things around very soon.

Everton are likely to drop points against mid tabled teams like they always do, however if for some reason they match arsenals tally, the goodison game will be massive.

As much as I don't want Everton to do well, it would be nice to see arsenal and united both out of CL for a season

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's life without a little risk?..

:colone:
Reply 385
Original post by nase14_aldayz
What's life without a little risk?..

:colone:

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
Reply 386
Come on Everton :colone:

Arsenal for 5th place this season loool.
Serious question for Arsenal fans - would you take 5th place and the FA Cup?

Even if they lose today they'll have enough to get 4th, all their home games should be easy victories. Especially West Ham and Newcastle who are on the beach already. Whereas Everton have really tough fixtures - both Manchester clubs plus Southampton away.
If Everton win today, they have a massive chance to finish top 4 as they would go a point behind Arsenal with a game in hand. Although i still expect Arsenal to finish 4th. Everton could probably hold City to a draw and would beat United especially if we get knocked out the CL, our season will be over. It would be refreshing to see Everton in the CL although you'd have to worry about the PL's coefficients in Europe as Everton if they qualified be unseeded and Lpool probably be in the 3rd pot thus potentially giving them very very hard groups in the CL.
Reply 389
Original post by sr90
Serious question for Arsenal fans - would you take 5th place and the FA Cup?

Even if they lose today they'll have enough to get 4th, all their home games should be easy victories. Especially West Ham and Newcastle who are on the beach already. Whereas Everton have really tough fixtures - both Manchester clubs plus Southampton away.

I value participating in CL up to R16 over the FA cup. So no.
Reply 390
Original post by sr90

I would take Valencia tbh. Although, Fergie was a brilliant man manager in terms of making the most out of his limited skillset, fitting him into the team structure.
Everton aren't going to get 4th. If we can keep it together they might not even get 5th. They could very easily take zero points from Arsenal, City, United, Southampton. Equally they could take all the points from all those games but its certainly a nasty run in for them, certainly compared to Arsenal. If there is one thing Arsenal excel at its ensuring they finish 4th.
Let it begin. C'mon guys, pack your best punches.
it would be rude to beat a dead horse.
Reply 394
This is not a meltdown, this is self-destruction.
Original post by Malevolent
it would be rude to beat a dead horse.

This.
Reply 396
If this is finally the year Arsenal don't finish 4th and it isn't Spurs that replace them... :lol:

4. Everton
5. Arsenal
6. Man United
7. Spurs

If that's how it finishes it's just lols on so many levels.
If Arsenal finish 5th who would have predicted this? United and Arsenal both not in the top 4 wow. This season really has been crazy with its twists and turns. Hopefully theres more as the season comes to an end.
Would be hilarious if United managed to finish above arsenal
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
It would be refreshing to see Everton in the CL although you'd have to worry about the PL's coefficients in Europe

They can't do much worse than what the rest of the pl teams do in the champions league

Quick Reply

Latest