The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century triple scientists?

Hi everyone!

Who here is studying the OCR 21st Century Science triple science GCSE? How is everyone revising for the exams and how long for per day? :smile:

Also, do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be quite low for the exams this summer? For the past two years the boundaries have been really low; an A* would be anywhere from 30-45 out of 60! Hopefully they'll remain roughly the same..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by physicalgraffiti
Hi everyone!

Who here is studying the OCR 21st Century Science triple science GCSE? How is everyone revising for the exams and how long for per day? :smile:

Also, do you guys reckon the grade boundaries will be quite low for the exams this summer? For the past two years the boundaries have been really low; an A* would be anywhere from 30-45 out of 60! Hopefully they'll remain roughly the same..

i've got a B1, B2 and B3 mock exam tomorrow and i just cannot get into the revision. :frown: are you taking the all your linear exams this summer?
Original post by fs1
i've got a B1, B2 and B3 mock exam tomorrow and i just cannot get into the revision. :frown: are you taking the all your linear exams this summer?

Good luck! :biggrin: Yes I am :eek: eeeek! But I've started revision already, we had our mocks in January :smile: How about you? :3
Original post by Wood123
I used to take triple science and trust me the grade boundaries won't have changed much. I know its said a lot but revising for GCSEs is a doddle compared to A levels, just make sure you have the right books, learn definitions, diagrams and processes. Condense everything down, personally it only took me a few days to learn all the units for each subject, I came out with A's. Good luck☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a relief :biggrin: But I was a bit worried because of the changes being made to the difficulty of exams and supposed increase of grade boundaries... Congrats on the A's! :smile:
Surprisingly quite easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!

How I revise is by making notes and reading over them and occasionaly do past papers and questions- to be short if you make good notes and read over your revision guides you'll do fine
Original post by Wood123
I had the same concerns last year, they're always saying stuff like that but so far the only action I've seen taken that's had an affect is getting rid of January exams at A level. There isn't much that they can do to the grade boundaries without upsetting most of the country so I wouldn't worry if I was you and thank you!:biggrin:

Ahh ok, that's a relief :biggrin: and you're welcome! :smile:
Original post by Michael_98
How I revise is by making notes and reading over them and occasionaly do past papers and questions- to be short if you make good notes and read over your revision guides you'll do fine

Oh cool me too :smile: I'm going to try and do as many past papers as possible, hopefully it'll be enough ^^
Reply 8
Hi everyone!

What are you planning on getting? I am planning on getting A* in all three hopefully, i have done all my notes and i am trying to learn everything before this month ends then i will start pastpapers/questions
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I did my mocks last month - somehow got 59/62. Nevertheless I really ought to be recapping the early modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acrux
What are you planning on getting? I am planning on getting A* in all three hopefully, i have done all my notes and i am trying to learn everything before this month ends then i will start pastpapers/questions

I am also planning on getting A* in all three :smile: that's a good plan :biggrin:
Original post by Krollo
I did my mocks last month - somehow got 59/62. Nevertheless I really ought to be recapping the early modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hehe congrats! :biggrin: Ugh me too, I reeeeeeeeally hate the 1,2,3s -_- especially the 3s haha they're so boring :P
I'm going to do my chem and bio this may or june and I'm nervous as heck. I'm pretty sure the grade boundary won't change that much but with the reforms it could have affected them.

I generally study once a week or during my free time when I feel like it so I'm not really confident with my grades. :frown:
Although, I'm really looking to change my study habits.

Good luck, mate, hope you get the grade you wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm due to take the exams in May/June for B1-7, C1-7 and P1-7. I'm having difficulty revising for the exams and find myself avoiding revising. I was wondering how everyone else was revising which could hopefully motivate me to revise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silentscreamer
Hey, I'm due to take the exams in May/June for B1-7, C1-7 and P1-7. I'm having difficulty revising for the exams and find myself avoiding revising. I was wondering how everyone else was revising which could hopefully motivate me to revise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just re-read my notes and use the revision book to revise. I also read the meanings of keywords and answer GCSE questions from the internet. Skimming the notes and answering the questions reminds me of the lesson so sometimes, I don't even need to read the whole page since I remember them :smile: (Although this doesn't seem to work with Biology :frown: ).

Anyway, good luck on your tests.
Thank you, good luck to you also.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Firenze26
I'm going to do my chem and bio this may or june and I'm nervous as heck. I'm pretty sure the grade boundary won't change that much but with the reforms it could have affected them.

I generally study once a week or during my free time when I feel like it so I'm not really confident with my grades. :frown:
Although, I'm really looking to change my study habits.

Good luck, mate, hope you get the grade you wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh yes they start in mid may *eeeek* D: but yeah I'm hoping the boundaries won't change, as the exams are quite difficult regardless of how easy the content is to understand :frown: I'm sure you can get the grades you want if you study more often in a week :smile: What are you aiming to get?

Good luck :biggrin:
Ahh yes they start in mid may *eeeek* D: but yeah I'm hoping the boundaries won't change, as the exams are quite difficult regardless of how easy the content is to understand :frown: I'm sure you can get the grades you want if you study more often in a week :smile: What are you aiming to get?

Good luck :biggrin:

I'm planning to get straight Bs or maybe even As, I'm not really aiming high.I only want enough to do it for A-levels but I'm not sure if my prospective career need straight As in GCSEs so I'm crossing my fingers that they accept Bs.
Original post by Firenze26
I'm planning to get straight Bs or maybe even As, I'm not really aiming high.I only want enough to do it for A-levels but I'm not sure if my prospective career need straight As in GCSEs so I'm crossing my fingers that they accept Bs.

Oh cool :smile: What sort of career are you planning to have? :biggrin:
I'm thinking of becoming a forensic scientist so I'm aiming to go to a university and get a degree in forensic science and maybe a minor in computer security (Do they do minors here?). What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending