The Student Room Group

Which Uni should I FIRM?!

I am posting this because I don't know how to choose from those offers I got.
City- Cass Business School, BS-Investment and Financial Risk Management

KCL- BS-Mathematics with Science and Management

Bristol-BS- Economics with Finance

University of Bath- BS-Accounting & Finance (with one Placement Year)

I'm international student, and 20 years old now.

I know the AF ranking in recent years, bath are around the top, but beyond the rank, I don't know if AF program in Bath is a good choice.

I don't know how good is AF program in bath and personally from what I heard and researched, bath is in the same tier with Lancaster or exeter., etc.

However, When we talk about Cass, it sounds like Cass got more reputations/prospects. When we talking about studying to prepare to enter into Financial Sector, Cass is compared with UCL or Warwick.

I'm already 20, and I concerned more about career rather than education. I have already had the expectation that both of universities might be bad at teaching, based on the experience that i had been two years studying in University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
(I leave for UK DUE TO my family reason)

But from what I heard, University of Bath merely has international reputation/prospects.

I checked the syllabus and whole courses through all 3 years, I considered AF program in Bath is more Accounting oriented. Besides, I compared to the syllabus from Warwick and LSE on the same program (Those three universities share the top 3 place in AF ranking in UK) I personally thought Bath is not well-depth in either theory or practice.

However, by just looking at the courses, I know what I would be, I would be a trader or financial analyst, but Bath? I dont wanna do audit or tax for my whole life!!! They are boring and neither innovative nor challenging&thrilling!

The major concerns abt AF program in BATH are :
1. they set up the 3 years courses too much accounting oriented, which I don't like. I want to be a trader or something else eventually, not in the BIG 4 for my whole life!!!!

2. they don't have so many job opportunities or we can call information failure (less connects or info sessions of big firms or banks. ) And also I'm afraid Bath will not have so much intensive or professional atmosphere than the london universities can offer.
(I know I still have the chance to fix everything up in my master degree, but.....maybe, i'm too much over-thinking. what if I could make it right in the first move and go the shortcuts and save my 3 years? )
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending