The Student Room Group

Law University choices 2024

Hi!
I'm struggling to decide on which universities to apply to for Law (LLB), 2024 entry.
I am predicted A*A*A A in my A-levels ( Welsh Baccalaureate, English Literature, Drama, and History)
So far I'm thinking of applying to:
- Bristol (AAB- contextual)
- Warwick (AAA- contextual)
-Southampton (AAA)
-York (AAA)
I'm looking to apply to one more university at maybe AAB/ ABB? And always looking for advice on the ones i have "chosen".
Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by freyabeth444
Hi!
I'm struggling to decide on which universities to apply to for Law (LLB), 2024 entry.
I am predicted A*A*A A in my A-levels ( Welsh Baccalaureate, English Literature, Drama, and History)
-Southampton (AAA)
-York (AAA)
I'm looking to apply to one more university at maybe AAB/ ABB? And always looking for advice on the ones i have "chosen".
Thank you in advance.

Honestly by looking at your grades I think you should aim higher for Atleast one Cambridge or Oxford should be one
Reply 2
Original post by freyabeth444
Hi!
-Southampton (AAA)
-York (AAA)
Thank you in advance.

boosting this!
Don't apply for a uni with ABB requirements as they will be in clearing for law anyway so is a wasted spot.

In your situation I would apply for Southampton as an 'insurance' choice. Due to you being contextually eligible, insurance in your case means applying to a uni like Soton where you will likely receive an offer. So you can firm Soton in the unlikely event you receive no other offer. I would still insure them though just in case as they will be the most lenient on results day.

Then apply for 4 of the 'top' RG unis and firm them (hopefully with a contextual offer). I would stick with Bristol and Warwick but would consider looking at the other RG unis to see what their contextual offer is. Consider Durham which should be AAB and UCL which is BBB.

Also, I don't think most unis will accept the Welsh bacc, so just focus on your 3 actual a-levels as this is what the unis will look at. E-mail the unis to check to see if they accept it.

Another note, I am assuming you will be contextually eligible at every uni. You can check this for yourself though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending