The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Real Estate Economics and Finance MSc 2013/2014

Hello Guys,

I am currently waiting for my application to an MSc in Real Estate Economics and Finance at LSE to be decided. Anyone already through? This wait can be such a pain!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have - my application was sent to department on the 10th Feb - it's a longgggg wait really
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by D70WN
Hello Guys,

I am currently waiting for my application to an MSc in Real Estate Economics and Finance at LSE to be decided. Anyone already through? This wait can be such a pain!

When did you apply? I sent my application in jan but it only got processed in feb - :/

i already got Cass - LSE takes so long- cass replied within 2 days
Reply 3
Hey dude,

Apologies for the late response. I have been given an offer from Cass for MSc Real Estate Investment but waiting for LSE too. I know right, this waiting game is killing me. I hope to hear from LSE soon to be honest. Have you heard anything good about Cass business school?
Reply 4
I got unconditional offer from LSE for MSc Reef- took them 6 weeks :biggrin:

I did my undergraduate at Cass - Bsc real estate finance and investment - not only are the staffs very helpful when it comes to dissertation as they have real industry exposure, the materials are very work oriented. I loved my experience at Cass. But I want to try LSE for it's reputation overseas.
Reply 5
Congrats dude!! Yeah I have heard mixed messages regarding Cass and its reputation so I thought I'd get confirmation from yourself! I am still waiting for my reply, but feel my degree may hinder my chances :s-smilie:
Reply 6
What degree did you do? MSc reef requirement needs a background in economics :smile:

PS: I'm not a dude :tongue:
Reply 7
I'm finishing up a degree in Financial Mathematics but my final year thesis is based on the Real Estate Market in London, which may, somewhat, provide me with some economical analysis. I guess with CASS giving me an offer, I may have a good chance for LSE, let's see.

I never realised things could get so awkward in a chat forum haha!
Original post by Anyesh
When did you apply? I sent my application in jan but it only got processed in feb - :/

i already got Cass - LSE takes so long- cass replied within 2 days

Shows how **** CASS is.
Reply 9
I wouldn't say Cass is ****.
Reply 10
Original post by D70WN
I wouldn't say Cass is ****.

any replies from LSE yet??
Reply 11
Hey yeah I was given a conditional offer, based on attaining a B+ at summer school for Intermediate Microeconomics. Is this hard? Well I have covered the math such as game theory at uni, so maybe that will help me a lil. Any tips you can provide me with regarding the topic?
Original post by Anyesh
I got unconditional offer from LSE for MSc Reef- took them 6 weeks :biggrin:

I did my undergraduate at Cass - Bsc real estate finance and investment - not only are the staffs very helpful when it comes to dissertation as they have real industry exposure, the materials are very work oriented. I loved my experience at Cass. But I want to try LSE for it's reputation overseas.

Hi, are you accepting LSE MSc REEF?

I am contemplating between LSE MSc REEF or Cass MSc Real Estate (I have received unconditional offers from both unis) - anybody with further insight on the LSE and/or Cass' course?
Reply 13
I am also an offer holder for both courses but have chosen the LSE MSc REEF course for it's strong reputation overseas, rigorous study material juxtaposed to a leading faculty. Don't get me wrong, these are both great educational institutions but for me LSE stands out hands down!

Read up on the areas covered for both courses and also check out the alumni for both Universities on LinkedIn as this may aid you in making your decision.

I hope this is of some help.
Original post by D70WN
I am also an offer holder for both courses but have chosen the LSE MSc REEF course for it's strong reputation overseas, rigorous study material juxtaposed to a leading faculty. Don't get me wrong, these are both great educational institutions but for me LSE stands out hands down!

Read up on the areas covered for both courses and also check out the alumni for both Universities on LinkedIn as this may aid you in making your decision.

Hi, I absolutely agree with your points re LSE, and I will be taking up LSE's offer on the grounds of being a world class institution and the geography environment faculty in itself is a top 3 rank school in the world.

As it is, I have been in touch with MSc REEF alumni, and they have been nothing short of helpful in helping me decide between the 2 courses.

So looks like we could be meeting each other this October! :smile:
Reply 15
Yeah I found the alumni to be really helpful too. Sounds like a plan and hopefully see you in October!
Original post by D70WN
Yeah I found the alumni to be really helpful too. Sounds like a plan and hopefully see you in October!

Excited of the prospects come October!
All the very best for your finals !
Reply 17
Hi, there i am going to do MSc REEF in LSE this Sep. May i add you guys's Fb
Reply 18
Original post by D70WN

can i have your fb?
Also on the MSc REEF @ LSE. See you guys in Oct. Who's on Facebook?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending