The Student Room Group

Girl I like cut me out, so very confused.

Hello ^^

I'm a lesbian and in a very confused situation with a girl I like. I'll try to keep this short!

I met her online a few months back and we started talking, we got on really well and found out that we have an insane amount in common. Like the same music, films, books, fashion, family problems etc. She is absolutely stunning and has an amazing sense of humor, is intelligent, fragile (I seem to be attracted to "broken" types) and bisexual. We talked to each other every single day through emails. After a couple of months I started to have quite strong feelings for her, and I decided to tell her after a lot of hesitation. She did not reciprocate and mentioned making progress with a boy she had a crush on and that she hadn't been "emotionally available" for a while. I said I still wanted to be friends.

Now this is the confusing bit - from then on she just started completely ignoring me. She responded once or twice to my emails, acting sort of normal, like nothing happened. I'm sure I didn't say anything wrong or acted overly excessive / bothersome. I asked her if she didn't want to talk to me anymore but responded just saying she was awkward at these situations. From then on, she didn't respond to me at all.

After a while I had just had enough of not having a clue whether to wait around or move on so I unfollowed her on tumblr and asked her to unfollow me too. It really damn hurt that she would just cut me out like I was nothing. It wouldn't bother me so much if she was someone who I was moderately interested in but she is basically my dream girl crush and I have never met someone so unique and ideal for me.

I know I shouldn't dwell so much but I can't work out what went wrong? I can understand if she felt that she didn't want to lead me on but I gave her the opportunity to tell me and she decided not to. It's been driving me crazy especially as I have low self esteem issues and I just want to know that it wasn't my fault. I think she handled the situation really immaturely and I'm not sure if I should wait a few months to contact her again or just move on. People say "there's plenty of fish in the sea" blah blah but I honestly don't think I'll meet anyone that comes even close to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending