The Student Room Group

AS German Edexcel June 2014

Scroll to see replies

aah I have my oral at 9am tomorrow, I'm suddenly really stressed out, oh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilan0111
Iknow right !
By the way do u hve an idea about the topics discussed after the chosen topic for unit 3
On the spec it says that there's going to be questions on 2 unexpected topics
Do I have to know any stats etc on them too or are they jus general questions like for unit 1 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm no I don't know because they could ask you anything, depending on what your debating! Well I brought in stats for my follow on questions in unit 3 but I'm not sure if its necessary, I think I only brought in one stat! What are you debating? It's so much easier when you have a teacher though because you can practice loads of times!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inhale deeply through nose and exhale fully though mouth. Whilst doing this imagine doing excellent! You will be fine! Don't stress, examiners know that student will be nervous. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Inhale deeply through nose and exhale fully though mouth. Whilst doing this imagine doing excellent! You will be fine! Don't stress, examiners know that student will be nervous. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you :smile: I'll try my best :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Erm no I don't know because they could ask you anything, depending on what your debating! Well I brought in stats for my follow on questions in unit 3 but I'm not sure if its necessary, I think I only brought in one stat! What are you debating? It's so much easier when you have a teacher though because you can practice loads of times!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oo okay thank you :smile:
I'm gonna try put some stats in there too then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oo okay thank you :smile:
I'm gonna try put some stats in there too then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your welcome!
Even if you didn't know a stat you could make up a realistic one because the examiners aren't exactly going to know if its true or not..

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did it go?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
How did it go?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It went alright I think!

As in I think I made some good points and didn't have any awkward silences so yeah :smile:

Could tell my accuracy was slightly off but hey :').

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ I'm glad yours went well!

I have mine tomorrow at 9.20AM!
Original post by chloevictoria
^ I'm glad yours went well!

I have mine tomorrow at 9.20AM!

Good luck!

Really as long as you go in feeling calm it'll be fine

I had a really easy stimulus as well so hopefully you will too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

Really as long as you go in feeling calm it'll be fine

I had a really easy stimulus as well so hopefully you will too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :biggrin: I'm hoping it'll go ok :smile:

I'm doing my A2 on the death penalty x
Original post by chloevictoria
Thanks! :biggrin: I'm hoping it'll go ok :smile:

I'm doing my A2 on the death penalty x

Ah that's quite an interesting topic :smile:

Hopefully it goes okay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only 2 weeks till the written exam!!

What would you advise if you don't understand the text, or an important word in the question for the 30 marks written question?
I've completed a few written papers, but there's always stuff I don't understand for the last question, which can lose a lot of marks for content..
Any tips?

Many thanks!! And good luck to all of you with your exams!! :smile: :smile:
Original post by lionelmessi19
Only 2 weeks till the written exam!!

What would you advise if you don't understand the text, or an important word in the question for the 30 marks written question?
I've completed a few written papers, but there's always stuff I don't understand for the last question, which can lose a lot of marks for content..
Any tips?

Many thanks!! And good luck to all of you with your exams!! :smile: :smile:

I did it last year and got a B that's why I'm resiting. For one if you don't understand the listening or reading, DONT PANIC!! Read or listen to it again, take a deep breath and try again, this is what I didn't do, so I immediately panicked and went into panic mode. Literally I was going to break down and cry. Which is one of the reasons I didn't do as well as I could have. For 3o marker I would say plan! You already have like 220 words only so you don't want to end up making too many points for a bullet point and ending up using all your word count. I would suggest starting off to write 2-3 points for each bullet point, unless they ask something really small. So then if you have time go back and add stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
I did it last year and got a B that's why I'm resiting. For one if you don't understand the listening or reading, DONT PANIC!! Read or listen to it again, take a deep breath and try again, this is what I didn't do, so I immediately panicked and went into panic mode. Literally I was going to break down and cry. Which is one of the reasons I didn't do as well as I could have. For 3o marker I would say plan! You already have like 220 words only so you don't want to end up making too many points for a bullet point and ending up using all your word count. I would suggest starting off to write 2-3 points for each bullet point, unless they ask something really small. So then if you have time go back and add stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok.. I don't generally panic.. unless i'm running out of time..
Thanks for your tips.. I'm aiming for a B, that's what i'm capable of achieving..
Have you got any ideas on how you would deduce words if you didn't understand it.
For example the June 2009, you had to make reference to the text provided to gain content marks for your letter of complaint..
So how would you go about tackling the written question, if you didn't fully understand the text??

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by mollyx
Your welcome!
Even if you didn't know a stat you could make up a realistic one because the examiners aren't exactly going to know if its true or not..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thank youu :smile:
What German exams do you still have left ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyx
Your welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oo and by the way I'm debating about the death penalty :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thank youu :smile:
What German exams do you still have left ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have German AS written exam - written and understanding response and the A2 written exam, what about you? Aw the death penalty is a good topic, so the teacher will probably ask what is the best form if punishment, causes of crime, Internet crime etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending