The Student Room Group

Warwick or UCL

Hello everybody,
I just had a conditional offer in for both UCL (Econ&Stat) and Warwick (Straight Econ), and I don't really know which one to firm. I don't care that much about the difficulty or the "no social life uni", I am just looking for the best uni, which is more prestigious and opens most doors regarding further studies (in also well known institutions),since I am not really planning on working just after a bachelor.
Thanks in advance!

PS: forgive some language mistakes and difficulties, I am not a native english speaker.
Reply 1
Original post by Garryb
Hello everybody,
I just had a conditional offer in for both UCL (Econ&Stat) and Warwick (Straight Econ), and I don't really know which one to firm. I don't care that much about the difficulty or the "no social life uni", I am just looking for the best uni, which is more prestigious and opens most doors regarding further studies (in also well known institutions),since I am not really planning on working just after a bachelor.
Thanks in advance!

PS: forgive some language mistakes and difficulties, I am not a native english speaker.

Personally I'd pick Warwick. They are both equally as good as each other, but the fact that it's straight economics beats the joint honours that UCL offers (i.e. 'less diluted' degree)
Reply 2
For econ id personally go ucl - London is financial capital and always have employers in cherry picking best candidates from maths / econ
But depends what ya wanna do? I didn't like Warwick when I went to visit (maths)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
UCL= London= Tottenham court road :coma:= WON.
Original post by Garryb
Hello everybody,
Thanks in advance!

I thought Warwick was the daddy for things relating to finance, but they are both great universities.

To be honest, you might be better off aiming your questions at someone like an academic or PhD student in a relevant area of study, and asking about each place's reputation for research. If that's what you want to do.
Reply 5
Both are regarded equal academically.

Choose which one you preferred when you went to visit. If you haven't visited them...go and visit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It is about what you want at the end. They're both the same in terms of academics, although it would be more expensive to live in city/ucl.
What a levels did you take just out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Actually, I'm an international, and attending to a different educative system. We don't have any A levels :smile:

Since I live really far from UK, could you tell me your feelings and opinions after visiting the unis?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Garryb
Actually, I'm an international, and attending to a different educative system. We don't have any A levels :smile:

Since I live really far from UK, could you tell me your feelings and opinions after visiting the unis?

I visited both and didn't even apply to Warwick after visiting because I disliked it so much. It's in the middle of nowhere and the nearest major town/city is Coventry which is an absolute sh*thole to say the least.
UCL on the other hand is right in the centre of London so you have everything right on your doorstep!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Bloxorus
I visited both and didn't even apply to Warwick after visiting because I disliked it so much. It's in the middle of nowhere and the nearest major town/city is Coventry which is an absolute sh*thole to say the least.
UCL on the other hand is right in the centre of London so you have everything right on your doorstep!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I really didn't like Warwick when I visited either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Cameron.M
Yeah I really didn't like Warwick when I visited either

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I also noticed it didn't really have a very 'friendly' feel to it like UCL did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending