The Student Room Group

UCL,Warwick..which one should I choose? Help me

I’m an international student from South Korea.

And my dream is to get a finance-related job in Tokyo,Hanoi or Kuala Lumpur.

If i go to school in London, it would quite burden my parents financially bc of the prices..

My parents want me to go for Warwick and believe that Warwick is better than UCL at least for economics.

I’ve got offers from UCL economics and Warwick Economics.

In this situation, where should I go?
Reply 1
Either of them will set you onto your desired career path, both are excellent. Which leaves the decision down to only 1 thing, environment -this is where the 2 universities are so different.

UCL is not on a campus but city based, London, so easy access to part time jobs and the sort of hustle bustle you'd expect in a city.
Warwick is a campus based university on the outskirts of the town Coventry, in which it is based. There are lots of jobs to be found on campus but definitely not as many as in the city.
If you will not be looking for work whilst studying then none of this really matters.

Internships would be more accessible for you in London and I think UCL has the edge on employers coming round to scout for students but Warwick is not to be sniffed at at all and if you have somewhere to stay in London during the hols then you will access to internships anyway.

Would you like living in a city? would you enjoy being able to pop into a museum, or go to various clubs or out eating every night/weekend? OR would prefer something more contained like a lively campus which has its own fun but not as vast as UCL but a great student body and more of a community feel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending