The Student Room Group

OCR A2 English Literature, F663/01: Drama & Poetry pre-1800, 6 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ndella
Don't say that, you got amazingly high grades in your coursework, you could get a C and do well! My grade on the other hand is reliant on this exam. You will actually be fine :smile: What grade do you need for uni?

If I've worked it out right, bearing in mind it's difficult without having an exact AS grade due to a retake, I need 31 in the exam which is just a B. Considering I know so little, that's not going to happen. I'm so despaired.

I need 300 ucas for uni so in effect, BBB but I'm going to get CCB I bet. Feel like I shouldn't bother turning up to the exam hahaha. I feel so horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 981
It's my last exam, so I'm FREE after tomorrow! Sincerely hoping for a question on women...

Good luck guys! We WILL smash this exam! Just stay calm, focused and watch the clock. You can do it! :biggrin:
Well guys it's been a pleasure discussing the wonderful subject of A level English literature with you all, good luck and lets hope we all get the grades we deserve.
(I know tomorrow night will involve drowning my sorrows with wine)
And as the Fool would say... "I'll go to bed at noon"
Original post by ameli_benters
Well guys it's been a pleasure discussing the wonderful subject of A level English literature with you all, good luck and lets hope we all get the grades we deserve.
(I know tomorrow night will involve drowning my sorrows with wine)
And as the Fool would say... "I'll go to bed at noon"

You're not going to kill yourself are you?

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dramaqueenx
If I've worked it out right, bearing in mind it's difficult without having an exact AS grade due to a retake, I need 31 in the exam which is just a B. Considering I know so little, that's not going to happen. I'm so despaired.

I need 300 ucas for uni so in effect, BBB but I'm going to get CCB I bet. Feel like I shouldn't bother turning up to the exam hahaha. I feel so horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need BBB too but I think I'll get the same predicted grades you have yourself :frown: at least write your name and candidate number, you'll get a few marks for that if you don't know anything else :colone: jk
We're going to have to get it over with, we'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by Rarar
It's my last exam, so I'm FREE after tomorrow! Sincerely hoping for a question on women...

Good luck guys! We WILL smash this exam! Just stay calm, focused and watch the clock. You can do it! :biggrin:

My last as well! Can't wait for this stress to finally subside :smile:
Original post by Ndella
My last as well! Can't wait for this stress to finally subside :smile:

How on earth are some people's A2s over already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSc0tt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did History, and Art so my exam was in May and the course is 60% coursework. I actually regret doing the subject so much though.
Original post by MSc0tt
Is "honour doth love command" assonance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, assonance is when a letter is repeated, like ''from her seat sat sighing from all her works'', with the repeat of the letter s! which is actually sibilance to!
Original post by LaurenDGrace112
No, assonance is when a letter is repeated, like ''from her seat sat sighing from all her works'', with the repeat of the letter s! which is actually sibilance to!

That's alliteration. Assonance is the repetition of vowel sounds, which I think "honour doth love command" is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Argh I'm so wide awake!! Hope I'm not going to be up till four in the morning again :frown:

My head is swimming with quotes :/

Good luck everyone!
Good luck guys!!!

Hope you all get great Shakespeare questions on whatever play you're studying, also hope there's a theme for all us the comparison section!

We're going to smash it.
Reply 992
Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSc0tt
You're not going to kill yourself are you?

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha as much as that would be highly dramatic, no, I'm up and ready for failure!
Yeah and backing up that interpretation is Sam Mendes' 2014 National Theatre production where the audience witness Lear himself killing his own fool, further highlighting his state of madness.
Love a bitta 7am revision :biggrin:
Reply 995
Original post by MSc0tt

Posted from TSR Mobile

All my subjects had coursework. My History exam was Monday 2nd June and my English Language was Tuesday 3rd, so this is my last!
Kdfhoisdgkjgspogfkggpo

good luck everyone

see you on the other side

oh god the nerves
Does anyone know how vital quotes are to get an A in part B. I got loads of critics in, but only 1 drama quote and 3 poetry quotes? Would that be sufficient.
**** me that was draining

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 999
Hey I hope the exam went well for everyone :smile: just wondering how many marks roughly do you think it would be for a B in this paper?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending