The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billypb
If you haven't been asked to stay that extra time by your manager/team leader, even though you have worked how ever long over your shift, you won't get paid..

If you are asked to stay, then query it with your manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yer I'm not asked to stay that extra, but it's impossible to leave on time as we have to flight self tills after 10 and lock
Up etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think this differs greatly from store to store. I regularly end up coming in an hour early if we've heard MAC is on the prowl or staying two hours later if we've heard she's in our area! It's definitely something to ask your manager though because if they don't pay you there isn't much point in staying. It's the managers who don't get paid for overtime, not us little people on low wages! :tongue:
Reply 182
Whenever I started early or finished late I always got paid for it. Generally it was just on a Friday as I had to lock the store and sometimes there was a bit of a delay.

Posted from TSR Mobile[ppp
When does the 15% end? Is the last day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elzginger
When does the 15% end? Is the last day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It already ended on Wednesday :frown:
Original post by shopper2012
It already ended on Wednesday :frown:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do they still do the attention to detail video and maths assessment as part of the interview?
Reply 187
Original post by greenfly125
Do they still do the attention to detail video and maths assessment as part of the interview?

Yes.
Reply 188
I'm doing online shopping tomorrow, which buttons do you have to press so you can save and store a shop when you're at the end of your shift (eg if you have 30 items left when it's time for you to leave). Is it *0? It's been so long since I've done online
I need to hand my notice in soon, What sort of stuff should I include? My store manager has known I have been intending to leave for over 3 months now (For a placement year), and was even helping me track down jobs / act as a reference and giving me advice on the location I will be moving to, Even said I should be able to get my job back when I return after the placement year.

With all that in mind im thinking I shouldn't leave it as corperate as the templates on the net suggest
Reply 190
Original post by _N_
I'm doing online shopping tomorrow, which buttons do you have to press so you can save and store a shop when you're at the end of your shift (eg if you have 30 items left when it's time for you to leave). Is it *0? It's been so long since I've done online

*7 then store now
Reply 191
Original post by _N_

Toggle 2 - Out of stock, short life, On offer, multiple scan,
Toggle 4 - Save/scan later
Toggle 6 - Tote Full
Toggle 8 - Goods not ready (GNR)
Toggle 9 - Zero Pick, Next, Previous, Store Now
Toggle 0 - To go back a screen

To store shop: Toggle 9, store now, toggle 7 to confirm.
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone have any kind of an availability champion in their store? My management are pretty persistent that I need to be in everyday until MAC comes in due to my role. But I've been ill all week and can literally not do a seventh day tomorrow. I usually love my job but these continuous eight hour shifts turning into nine/ten hour six days a week are ridiculous.
Original post by theateam121
Does anyone have any kind of an availability champion in their store? My management are pretty persistent that I need to be in everyday until MAC comes in due to my role. But I've been ill all week and can literally not do a seventh day tomorrow. I usually love my job but these continuous eight hour shifts turning into nine/ten hour six days a week are ridiculous.

Say this to them! Guessing your not paid any extra to be a 'champion' so it's not really fair. Highly doubt you being absence will cause a MAC fail!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elzginger
Say this to them! Guessing your not paid any extra to be a 'champion' so it's not really fair. Highly doubt you being absence will cause a MAC fail!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, she was supposed to be in last night because she did everyone else so it could be likely she hit the late slot and he forgot to tell me. I messaged him to ask him but he didn't respond so that's his issue now! I can't work seven days a week. I love the money but my family suffers!
Original post by Miel Purple
Yes.

Hmm, I heard that they just scrapped it recently?
Reply 196
Original post by greenfly125
Hmm, I heard that they just scrapped it recently?

Well I've got no idea tbh, not sure why they would change it.
Reply 197
Original post by theateam121

If they want that then they need to appoint a second champion, so there is always one of you around but still allows for days off.

I would tell then firmly I am not working without my days off, as it is simply not manageable and clearly, making you ill. Your health comes first. It's either they back off or you get signed off sick and they have to pay you without you actually working there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Hey guys, i've been working at sainsnburys for around 5 months and get paid 5.65 an hour, does it go up at 6 months and if so, what to?

Also, i've never had it clarified, if i work a 9 hour shift do i get 1 hour unpaid break as well as half an hour paid break?
Reply 199
Original post by Khune
Hey guys, i've been working at sainsnburys for around 5 months and get paid 5.65 an hour, does it go up at 6 months and if so, what to?

Also, i've never had it clarified, if i work a 9 hour shift do i get 1 hour unpaid break as well as half an hour paid break?

You'll go up to the adult competent rate whatever that maybe for your store.

Yeah generally on a 9hr shift it's an hours unpaid break and 30 mins paid breaks (waits for bubelah to chip in disagreeing).

Posted from TSR Mobile[ppp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending