The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Discuss anything related to Sainsbury's!!! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We should be allowed some sort of meal allowance if we have to work through lunch, especially if we don't have a canteen that supplies got food!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Tunjii
We should be allowed some sort of meal allowance if we have to work through lunch, especially if we don't have a canteen that supplies got food!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is wrong with buying your own food for lunch? Pretty much every employer out there is going to expect you to provide your own food. You would buy your own food at home for lunch so why should they provide food for you at work?
Reply 3
Original post by dhr90
What is wrong with buying your own food for lunch? Pretty much every employer out there is going to expect you to provide your own food. You would buy your own food at home for lunch so why should they provide food for you at work?

Because all the food is so tempting haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Whenever I want to buy something, I try my best not to go in the sweet aisle or crisp aisle...soo many options and it's hard to choose

Opportunity cost :frown:
I always get a meal deal and a nakd bar :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Add!ction
I always get a meal deal and a nakd bar :smile:

The meal deals are really good! Especially when the wraps are like £2.80 or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tunjii
The meal deals are really good! Especially when the wraps are like £2.80 or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Taste the difference sandwiches are £3, so you are getting crisps and a drink free!

And I had a brand match the other day so got it for £1.45 :smile:
I always go for the 3 for £1 sweets haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
thread IV already! Wow.

Can anyone tell me if good friday is paid the bank holiday premium? Stupid question I know but not sure if it's considered a bank holiday or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Does anyone know if you work in a local store if you can do overtime in another store?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doofy
Does anyone know if you work in a local store if you can do overtime in another store?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure that would need high up authorisation and would complicate payroll, it's unlikely unless the other store specifically requests extra staff. But tbh most stores have enough staff within them to fill overtime requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by elzginger
Pretty sure that would need high up authorisation and would complicate payroll, it's unlikely unless the other store specifically requests extra staff. But tbh most stores have enough staff within them to fill overtime requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay that's a shame. Thanks :smile:
Do you know if there would be a fair bit of overtime in a Local store?

Had an offer of a store transfer and need to find out everything haha..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
My fave supermarket :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by samba
My fave supermarket :redface:

It's expensive. Asda is the best. :ninja:
Reply 15
Original post by Miel Purple
It's expensive. Asda is the best. :ninja:

Yea, but the sainsburies bagels!!! Only kosher bagels can beat them, and they aren't always available :redface:

Also, your staff are far more pleasant than Asda. And you have a larger variety of mushrooms. Need the portobellas and such for my home made pizzas!
Reply 16
Original post by samba
Yea, but the sainsburies bagels!!! Only kosher bagels can beat them, and they aren't always available :redface:

Also, your staff are far more pleasant than Asda. And you have a larger variety of mushrooms. Need the portobellas and such for my home made pizzas!

Ok:biggrin:

Yeah our staff are friendlier, sainsburys is obsessed with customer service :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by Tunjii

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because they aren't worth £2.80 in the first place :wink: Most Sainsbury's sandwiches are no better than the Tesco sandwiches, which are still cheaper even with colleague discount. I reckon Sainsbury's sandwiches are artificially high so you'll think "well, it's only 40p/30p/20p more for the meal deal", so they get £3 every time, haha.
Hello everyone !

I got a job for a temporary position as a Customer Service Assistant in a Local store in London. I called HR the other day and they gave me my induction days dates. Unfortunately, I cannot attend my second induction day as I will not be in London for a week because of unforeseen circumstances. HR told me that they will have to ask the store where I am doing my training if they are willing to open up another induction day for me to attend and that they're gonna get back to me after that.

What would happen if there is no other induction day available for me to go to? Will I be let go as this is only a temporary position and there's too much hassle for them to do all that just for a temp ? Or will they try to accommodate me as much as they can ? Maybe double the hours on my first induction day, which would mean I would have to stay in for 12 hours straight, or just find another store for me to go for my induction.

Thank you !
Original post by VladimirV
Hello everyone !

I got a job for a temporary position as a Customer Service Assistant in a Local store in London. I called HR the other day and they gave me my induction days dates. Unfortunately, I cannot attend my second induction day as I will not be in London for a week because of unforeseen circumstances. HR told me that they will have to ask the store where I am doing my training if they are willing to open up another induction day for me to attend and that they're gonna get back to me after that.

What would happen if there is no other induction day available for me to go to? Will I be let go as this is only a temporary position and there's too much hassle for them to do all that just for a temp ? Or will they try to accommodate me as much as they can ? Maybe double the hours on my first induction day, which would mean I would have to stay in for 12 hours straight, or just find another store for me to go for my induction.

Thank you !

You've asked this 3 times. No one really knows, but when I accepted my job I said what happens if I can't make that day, she said you have to wait for the next intake which could be several weeks. But you mentioned your a temp so you'd probably not be employed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest