The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by theateam121
I once came in at six am for inventory/mac purposes as she was definately coming that plinth change and ended up staying until midnight that day because we were short for plinth change. Even worse was having to be back in at 9am for start of mac week!

One thing I'm interested in trying to gather peoples opinions on is dayshift putting out nightshifts stock for that evening. So throughout the day from 10am ish the day shift are being asked to put the delivery out. Some are complaining that it is putting us a days availability behind because we are putting on the shelves what should be on tomorrow and letting it sell.

Others are saying well if it's selling it should have been on the shelf anyway to make it available for customers. It's causing quite a 'should they, shouldn't they' split.

Anyone have any opinions?

If its there then yes we have to put it out for the customers but its annoying when im on a late shift and get left a list of things to do and then being told ignore it and do delivery by who ever is IC. Then it does put us behind and its not like nightshift do us any favours.
But my issue with our nightshift is that they keep having a massive amount of overs and when we look at it its actually stuff that was out of stock on the shelfsm so we are having to rework all the nightshift stuff meaning we dont have time even domino some days or go anywhere near frozen.
The other day I worked their booze overs and got 87 cases out.
Nightshifts should be manged better that they get all their stuff done and actually do it properly without it affecting day shifts productivity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomaan123
Hi,
was just wondering when the next pay day is for Sainsbury's?
as my induction is on Monday and Tuesday and my first shift on Thursday night;
so when is the first date that i will get paid?

The cut off for this payday (13th June) is today so your first pay day will be 11th July including all your pay from your induction until the Saturday before the 11th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 582
Question regarding the news & mags stock take, do you have to scan all the unactivated scratchcards as well as the activated ones? Not sure if we have done it right or wrong as the only 2 people that know how to do it are off.
Hey can anyone confirm my question please? If you're on a temp contract and it runs out, before you've taken the holiday entitlement, do you get paid for the holiday hours or?
Manchester store (but which one lol) general assistant here.

I want to find another job, and I might need a corporate reference to aid my C.V.

I will phone the central office like I am supposed to, but will this reference request be told to my current store?

I don't want them knowing I am looking for another job.
Can I take unpaid leave for a year to focus on studies?
Reply 586
Original post by thatg
Question regarding the news & mags stock take, do you have to scan all the unactivated scratchcards as well as the activated ones? Not sure if we have done it right or wrong as the only 2 people that know how to do it are off.

Only activated scratchcards are to be counted in your FSENT stocktakes.
Reply 587
Original post by Minion125
I've sent my Manager a letter regarding a store transfer to Brighton.

What is the process for this?
Will he sort most of this out or do I need to be doing something in the meantime?
I've been working there 6 months if this helps at all.

Thanks guys :smile:

You should now discuss the matter with your manager, who can then email and enquire about vacancies at the stores you've requested to transfer to.

Once a vacancy has been established, you'll need to apply via Inside Move - this will then generate an Internal Transfer Request Form which gets sent automatic to your current manager's email ID. They then fill out their bit [absence details, CPR rating, hours etc] and pass it onto your transfer store[s].

Once a decision has been made, you'll be informed - whole process can take as little as 24 hours or as much as 2 weeks. If you have a warning on file for conduct or absence or your performance rating is OTI or less, I'd suggest that not many managers would consider taking you.
Reply 588
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Manchester store (but which one lol) general assistant here.

I want to find another job, and I might need a corporate reference to aid my C.V.

I will phone the central office like I am supposed to, but will this reference request be told to my current store?

I don't want them knowing I am looking for another job.

Central HRSS will only submit a reference once you've left the company or are working out your notice period, not whilst you're currently employed - otherwise, you should ask your line manager to support with referencing [managers have restrictions but can still supply references].
Reply 589
Original post by Solemn Rain
Can I take unpaid leave for a year to focus on studies?

Below are selections on unpaid leave, taken directly from the Colleague Handbook...

I would suggest that you ask to view the Career Breaks policy when you're next back in store, or just discuss your desires with your manager.
Original post by bubelah
You should now discuss the matter with your manager, who can then email and enquire about vacancies at the stores you've requested to transfer to.

Once a vacancy has been established, you'll need to apply via Inside Move - this will then generate an Internal Transfer Request Form which gets sent automatic to your current manager's email ID. They then fill out their bit [absence details, CPR rating, hours etc] and pass it onto your transfer store:undefined:.

Once a decision has been made, you'll be informed - whole process can take as little as 24 hours or as much as 2 weeks. If you have a warning on file for conduct or absence or your performance rating is OTI or less, I'd suggest that not many managers would consider taking you.

Thank you that's been really helpful, discussing it in a short while so hopefully it can be sorted quickly!
Original post by bubelah
Central HRSS will only submit a reference once you've left the company or are working out your notice period, not whilst you're currently employed - otherwise, you should ask your line manager to support with referencing [managers have restrictions but can still supply references].

So what do I do then if I don't get on with my manager? Basically, I may as well just quit and make myself unemployed, because I guarantee he ain't giving me one lol? I don't have any other references, I have been working for the same manager for nearly 3 years. No other jobs.
When you're given nectar vouchers that say the value hasn't been reached/selected item hasn't been bought even though it has, is there anyway to manually put on the nectar points like you can manually put through a money off voucher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
Hi, I have an interview with sainsburys tomorrow and I'm prepared ish but now the dilemma of what too wear, it states smart/casual so I've planned to wear black chinos Brown leather brogues, and a white shirt, too casual?
Reply 594
Original post by goss
Hi, I have an interview with sainsburys tomorrow and I'm prepared ish but now the dilemma of what too wear, it states smart/casual so I've planned to wear black chinos Brown leather brogues, and a white shirt, too casual?

Sounds fine, just look smart in a stylish way [wear a tie, shirt tucked in etc].
Reply 595
Original post by oliviaburn
When you're given nectar vouchers that say the value hasn't been reached/selected item hasn't been bought even though it has, is there anyway to manually put on the nectar points like you can manually put through a money off voucher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.

And it would be gross misconduct for you to do it unless you're a team leader or manager - I would suggest that any vouchers issues would be known centrally and communicated to your manager, so just raise it with them.
Original post by bubelah
No.

And it would be gross misconduct for you to do it unless you're a team leader or manager - I would suggest that any vouchers issues would be known centrally and communicated to your manager, so just raise it with them.

Oh ok thanks, I never knew that. I've been telling customers to take their vouchers that don't work to the customer service desk but was just wondering if there was another way to deal with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oliviaburn
Oh ok thanks, I never knew that. I've been telling customers to take their vouchers that don't work to the customer service desk but was just wondering if there was another way to deal with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're very specific, so it could be for unsmoked bacon, and they've bought exactly the same bacon :smile: if it's a value related one, they don't include spirits and liqueurs now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomas888b
They're very specific, so it could be for unsmoked bacon, and they've bought exactly the same bacon :smile: if it's a value related one, they don't include spirits and liqueurs now. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
Original post by bubelah
No.

Is it really only team leaders and managers that are allowed to add points to the account? Runners add the points on a lot of the time if they can see that they've bought the item.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending