The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxvine
You know if you call in sick....do you need a doctors note after the first two days or is it after 7 days?

You can self certify for 7 days. After that you'll need a doctors note.
Don't know if you've all heard, but Brand Match is coming to an end. The last vouchers will be issued on 26th April, in favour of more lower regular prices!
Original post by Wyrley
You can self certify for 7 days. After that you'll need a doctors note.

To self certify do you need a document or anything or is it just word of mouth?
Original post by xxvine
To self certify do you need a document or anything or is it just word of mouth?

Self certify is you telling them you're unfit to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5984
My final drama assessment for my A-Level was meant to be next Wednesday night but due to the examiner it has been rescheduled to next Thursday, and I have one of my contracted shifts on a Thursday night. It's unavoidable as it's one of my final A-Level exams for the course. It'll be too late to book as holiday, so hopefully my department manager will understand. Any advice about sorting this?
Original post by reub
My final drama assessment for my A-Level was meant to be next Wednesday night but due to the examiner it has been rescheduled to next Thursday, and I have one of my contracted shifts on a Thursday night. It's unavoidable as it's one of my final A-Level exams for the course. It'll be too late to book as holiday, so hopefully my department manager will understand. Any advice about sorting this?

I imagine they'd understand. I'm pretty sure there is a section in the colleague handbook on it. It'd be pretty unreasonable for them to stop you having it off, if it comes to it they can get it authorised unpaid or could swap your shift. Just make sure you let them know as soon as possible.
Does the cut off include today (Saturday) for the cut off? I would assume so as the new week starts on Sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny786
Does the cut off include today (Saturday) for the cut off? I would assume so as the new week starts on Sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile

The cut off always includes everything up to the Saturday before pay day - so yes, Saturday counts.
Last question about pay: is it on the 15th every month & how do we find out the exact date? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Danny786
Last question about pay: is it on the 15th every month & how do we find out the exact date? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

We get paid every 4 weeks, so this month is 15th, then May 13, June 10th & so on...
Hey if you did overtime in February would that be added to extra holiday entitlement for this year 2016/2017 or the following year 2017/2018
Does anyone know what could happen to hourly staff who don't do the required 4 weeks notice?

The situation at my Sainsbury's has become awful and I really want to leave I don't think I can face going in for any more shifts though.

Would this just mean a bad reference? Has anyone heard of people being taken to court over this?
So i'm a supervisor at my current sainsburys, does anyone know how I could articulate this amazingly on my CV so I demonstrate leadership skills, not the best with words and would truly appreciate some inspiration
Original post by Lycheekitteh
Does anyone know what could happen to hourly staff who don't do the required 4 weeks notice?

The situation at my Sainsbury's has become awful and I really want to leave I don't think I can face going in for any more shifts though.

Would this just mean a bad reference? Has anyone heard of people being taken to court over this?

Not a lot they can really do. The main thing is if you've taken more holiday from this year entitlement than you've earned they can the money owed out of your final pay package. They can't give you a bad reference but they can refuse or give you a neutral reference (ie. Joe blogs worked for us between X date and X date). Highly unlikely you'll be taken to court over it.
Hey, i was wondering if anyone knew what the cut off for bonus was when it comes to discipinaries?

Basically i have a verbal warning and have been off sick again today so will most likely get a written at my next meeting. As it is part of the new financial year will this lead to me losing my bonus? We got the 3% so i really don't want to lose it but there was no way i could have made it in today :\

Any help is appreciated!
Original post by BeckyMarie26
Hey, i was wondering if anyone knew what the cut off for bonus was when it comes to discipinaries?

Basically i have a verbal warning and have been off sick again today so will most likely get a written at my next meeting. As it is part of the new financial year will this lead to me losing my bonus? We got the 3% so i really don't want to lose it but there was no way i could have made it in today :\

Any help is appreciated!

Bonus calculations have already been submitted, and are awaiting authorisation - i.e. confirmation from the board.

Your bonus from last year will be fine, providing bonus is paid - however, a written warning for absence will prevent you from getting a bonus this year.
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Hey if you did overtime in February would that be added to extra holiday entitlement for this year 2016/2017 or the following year 2017/2018

Taken from the Line Manager guide to holiday policy...

RGS Bonus Holiday

* RGS Bonus holiday is given to part-time colleagues on RGS contracts who work extra hours (up to a maximum equivalent to full time holiday allowance). The amount of additional holiday is based on the amount of overtime that is worked between Period 8 to Period 7.

* Any bonus holiday hours earned is issued to colleagues at the same time as their standard holiday entitlement in December / January.

* Review overtime being worked by RGS colleagues on a regular occasion. This will prompt any required contract changes which can reduce future bonus holiday being issued.
Had my interview over a week ago and I'm yet to be contacted.. How long did it take for you???
Original post by DeluxeAS
Had my interview over a week ago and I'm yet to be contacted.. How long did it take for you???

It took them a good two weeks when I applied. Dw about it, if you're concerned you can always phone the HR number and see if they have any information :smile: They'll be able to let you know if the store have made a decision yet or not.
Original post by bubelah
Bonus calculations have already been submitted, and are awaiting authorisation - i.e. confirmation from the board.

Your bonus from last year will be fine, providing bonus is paid - however, a written warning for absence will prevent you from getting a bonus this year.

Thank you!

I also wondered if anyone knew at all how many abscences need to be on your record before they sack you? I'm not planning on being off anymore but it does leave me feeling worried that i'll end up losing my job just because i was sick. Its really a scary way of dealing with things and then makes you feel more sick an anxious about being sick which makes it harder to work. I don't like the system at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending